Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I TOLD THE SCHOOL NOT TO FEED MY DAUGHTER. EDIT

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 505 Replies
6 moms liked this

When my daughter was seven I told her that her lunch money was on the side table with her back pack.  She said she would do it later.  Three more times I said, "Heather, don't forget your lunch money."  And three times she said she would do it later.  She was standing right there!

The next morning she took off without her lunch money, so I called the school and told them not to let her charge her lunch.  She had had a good breakfast and she wasn't going to starve by missing one meal.  I was hoping to teach her lesson.  When she came home she told me they had taken her to the secretary's office and given her candy. 

I was outraged!  How dare they go against my wishes.  I went up to the school the next day and confronted the secretary.  She said, "I thought you were being unreasonable, and I didn't let her charge her lunch."  I got angry and told her if she interfered again, I would go to the school board.  It's non of her damn business!  She wasn't starving. It wasnt' going to kill her.  But it was going to make a point! 

By the way, she never left her lunch money again.  Do you think I was unreasonable?

OKAY PEOPLE:  THIS WAS 21 YEARS AGO.  SHE IS FINE. SHE DIDNT STARVE, SHE WASN'T PERMENTLY BROKEN.  AND MY HUSBAND CORRECTED ME.  SHE WAS 10-11.  I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT YOU ALL THOUGHT.

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
10 moms liked this

Yes I do

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
9 moms liked this
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
6 moms liked this
7? Yah that was unreasonable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
50 moms liked this

I don't think my school would allow it. The school is not a place for teaching home lessons. The teacher has to put up with the hungry whiny child. I know here if you don't have money and can't charge it for some reason they give you a sandwich or something. I don't think they should have given her candy though.

lovetoteachec
by Dani on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Yes I do
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
6 moms liked this

Yeah, I think you went a little over the top.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
6 moms liked this
It's a harsh way to go about it. But I wouldn't have interfered, I'm a teacher.
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe...it really depends how responsible of a 7 yr old she typically is...but she certainly wouldnt have starved

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

jujubear1
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
17 moms liked this
I understand your reasoning. Sometimes kids learn things the hard way and it sounds like your dd did learn her lesson.
PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
6 moms liked this

Why?  This was a habitual problem with her. I had had enough.  How was she going to learn if she didn't face the consequences?

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yes I do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)