Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I really THAT old??

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
  • 59 Replies
When I worked in Orthopedics I would hear countless older patients say they threw their backs out putting pants on, adjusting their bra, sneezing. Yesterday all I did was get up out of the bed. Horrible pain since then. Tylenol and Motrin, heating pad, is only dulling the pain.

WTF...I am one step away from geriatric!

BTW, I hike, swim, play tennis, kayak and walk 4-5 miles a day. But hey, I better be careful getting out of bed!
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM
I sneezed and slipped a disc. Lol
jjames0991
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Really? That had tk be painful. The back is such a tricky damn thing! I can carry my kayak and paddle with a hiking pack, about 250 lbs, but I can't get out of bed. Lol

Quoting katemckenzie: I sneezed and slipped a disc. Lol
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
That stinks. You should go get a massage and see if that helps.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM
I'm feeling old this morning too. I got a wee bit tipsy last night and it's biting me in the ass.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM

I threw mine out doing laundry several months ago! According to my PT, it is actually fairly common as we tend to twist in ways our backs are not meant to twist. I'm very active as well, but apparently, switching laundry from one machine to the other is dangerous. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

tiffsgrandma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Have that now, got out of bed wrong i guess and pain on  right side of lower back now affecting right shoulder too..lol 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Totally awful.

Quoting jjames0991: Really? That had tk be painful. The back is such a tricky damn thing! I can carry my kayak and paddle with a hiking pack, about 250 lbs, but I can't get out of bed. Lol

Quoting katemckenzie: I sneezed and slipped a disc. Lol
jjames0991
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM
We have a hot tub, I know that would help but I can't get in the same thing right now. I can't lift my legs. Haha

Quoting twinmommy27: That stinks. You should go get a massage and see if that helps.
jjames0991
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Haha I hate that feeling.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm feeling old this morning too. I got a wee bit tipsy last night and it's biting me in the ass.
jjames0991
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Oh no, I didn't think about that. I will be careful from now on when doing laundry! Lol

Quoting mcginnisc:

I threw mine out doing laundry several months ago! According to my PT, it is actually fairly common as we tend to twist in ways our backs are not meant to twist. I'm very active as well, but apparently, switching laundry from one machine to the other is dangerous. LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)