Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 16 year old DD is a homewrecker and is dating a 36 year old married man...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 425 Replies
I am in disbelief about all of this. My niece came to me yesterday and told me everything. She was really worried about my DD because the wife found out and was making threats.

I can not even believe this. I called up my ex husband and tried talking to him about it and he told me he already knew! He said he hated it but there wasnt anything we can do.

Legally he is correct but I told him we can work together to stop her from seeing him and he said it was too much effort

I havent talked to DD since she has been hiding at her dads and when I went over there she didnt say anything.

I have a meeting with my lawyers to see if there is anything I can do about her dad letting her do this but I dont think there is anything because it isnt illegal.

I am not even sure what to do. It isnt illegal so noting the police can do. I also dont want to push everything to hard too fast and make her move in with her dad full time. My head is spinning. I am shocked. I cant believe this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM
19 moms liked this

Your DD isn't a homewrecker.  The guy she's dating is.  I don't think there is anything legally you can do.

TisHerself
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM
12 moms liked this

How long have you been divorced? Has her father been active in her life?

Sounds like classic daddy issues...

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this
You said it yourself, it's not illegal. Morally wrong, absolutely.

Forbidding her will probably make it worse, and this "man" obviously has no moral compass and would still push to see her.
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM
30 moms liked this

what state or country do you live in where a 16 yr old dating a 36 yr old is not illegal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM
We have been divorced about 10 years now. He has always been there and active in her life

He however was a very out of control teen and thinks that there is nothing you can do to stop a teen from doing what they want.

Quoting TisHerself:

How long have you been divorced? Has her father been active in her life?

Sounds like classic daddy issues...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM
I am in the US. Indiana

Quoting SitaStJames:

what state or country do you live in where a 16 yr old dating a 36 yr old is not illegal?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM
4 moms liked this
Jimney Christmas. That dude would WISH I called the cops.
ladyvamp5489
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I was thinking the same thing!

Quoting SitaStJames:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM
If her dad and I worked together we could stop at least most of it if not all.

He isnt even willing

Quoting smorgan865: You said it yourself, it's not illegal. Morally wrong, absolutely.

Forbidding her will probably make it worse, and this "man" obviously has no moral compass and would still push to see her.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM
19 moms liked this

My dad would probably be in jail if he had found out a 36 year old man was taking advantage of his 16 year old daughter. "There's nothing we can do" would never have occurred to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN