Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD thought going to another state would make it legal for them to have sex but now he is in jail...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1073 Replies
17 moms liked this
My DD is 16....the guy is 20. In my state it is illegal for them to have sex. She thought she would "stick it to me" by going to another state to "legally" have sex with him

The thing is that is illegal. I called the police on him and he was arrested. I will be pressing charges.

ETA: This guy was warned that if anything were to happen he would have charges placed against him. If he really loved her and wanted to not risk ruining his own life he would have waited until she was 18
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM
19 moms liked this
Make an example of the idiot. Taking a minor over state lines and all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
If it happened in a state where it is legal, you will have a hard time getting it to hold up in court.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM
39 moms liked this
Eh I think she is just as responsible as he is. Sometimes the laws really suck.
jamelame
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
17 moms liked this

She wanted it just as much as he did, why go for the guy's balls like this? Let it go, she's practically an adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM
22 moms liked this
Wrong...it is illegal to take kids across state lines to have sex with them.

Quoting Anonymous: If it happened in a state where it is legal, you will have a hard time getting it to hold up in court.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I warned him that if anything were to happen I would press charges.

Quoting thenameshailie: Eh I think she is just as responsible as he is. Sometimes the laws really suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this
He was warned that if he were to ever do anything I would press as many charges on him as I could.

Quoting jamelame:

She wanted it just as much as he did, why go for the guy's balls like this? Let it go, she's practically an adult.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
If the act occurred in the other state, that's legal, but he can still be brought up on charges for taking a minor over state lines.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM
It is illegal for him to take her overstate lines and have sex with her regardless of age of consent there.

Not to mention going over state lines with her in the first place was illegal

Quoting katemckenzie: If the act occurred in the other state, that's legal, but he can still be brought up on charges for taking a minor over state lines.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM
36 moms liked this
Of course it was foolish, but it takes two to tango. I would hope that the girl would have consequences of equal gravity, but that never happens.

Quoting Anonymous: I warned him that if anything were to happen I would press charges.

Quoting thenameshailie: Eh I think she is just as responsible as he is. Sometimes the laws really suck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN