Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Have Failed As A Parent. Where Did I Go Wrong?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 116 Replies
2 moms liked this

My two year old was playing with my cellphone camera. She climbs up on the couch with her sister, smushes her face against hers, holds up the phone, and says "Sellllllllllfieeeeeee!!" and clicks a picture. 

I feel like I failed as a mother, lol. Where do they even pick this shit up? None of my kids are on the internet.

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
You don't need the internet to know what a selfie is. All you need is a phone and or camera.. This is the new generation. These kids HAVE to know these things anymore to advance in life. It isn't the 80's. Pretty cute tho ;)
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM
5 moms liked this
Well......where's the pic? I'm sure it is adorable!! Lol!
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Selfie is an internet term. I'm not asking how she learned how to take pictures. I am asking how she learned the term Selfie. 

Quoting Anonymous: You don't need the internet to know what a selfie is. All you need is a phone and or camera.. This is the new generation. These kids HAVE to know these things anymore to advance in life. It isn't the 80's. Pretty cute tho ;)

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It was of their tummies because she doesn't know how to switch to the front facing camera, lol. I don't post pictures online though. Sorry. 

Quoting annas_momma: Well......where's the pic? I'm sure it is adorable!! Lol!

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:26 PM
3 moms liked this
It's not just an internet term.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Selfie is an internet term. I'm not asking how she learned how to take pictures. I am asking how she learned the term Selfie. 

Quoting Anonymous: You don't need the internet to know what a selfie is. All you need is a phone and or camera.. This is the new generation. These kids HAVE to know these things anymore to advance in life. It isn't the 80's. Pretty cute tho ;)

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Well, I've only heard it on the internet or from people who heard it from the internet. I suppose her big sisters could have heard it from a kid at school or something.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: It's not just an internet term.
Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM
How old are her siblings?

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:20 PM
They are 8, 6, and almost 7 months. I guess her sisters learned it at school or.something. I don't know.

Quoting Anonymous: How old are her siblings?

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya think? Yah

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1: They are 8, 6, and almost 7 months. I guess her sisters learned it at school or.something. I don't know.

Quoting Anonymous: How old are her siblings?

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM
The song! They play it everywhere lol "but fiiiirst lemmmeeetake a selfie".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)