Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so EXCITED!!! *pics*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies
31 moms liked this

I hope you ladies wont mind me sharing. Last year my DH lost a great job due to cut backs. We were so broke. I went back to work full time but we could still barely make it. Month after month we struggled to come up with enough money to pay the rent. Last year DD wore good will clothes to school as her new school clothes and used my old back pack from high school because the one she had the year before shredded to pieces and was un-usable. I felt bad and embarrassed. DD did not mind and never once made me feel bad. But I did, I know its just school clothes but I was so disgusted that I could not afford to buy DD a single set of new clothing. Last year was a bitch. In January DH got a new job, 3 months later he made manager. We are still behind a bit, but over all things are much better. So I did it. Yesterday I took DD out and we went school clothes shopping. I know this post is a little crazy but I just wanted to share my excitement with some one. As I took these pictures I cried tears of joy. Not so much over the clothes, but over our survival through this. We tried very hard to not let our family and friends see how bad we were struggling, so I cant really share it with them. It would not be the same. If you ladies care to see here are my DD school clothes:

the bottoms under the hanging tops go together.

Please excuse JB. My dd and her friends still love him. She begged me to get her this shirt. They are to young to know his downfall. 

The only thing I have left I want to get her is some new socks. 

***** Two straps. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Awwww damn I'm happy for you and her!
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Awe congrats mama.  I know it must have felt good to provide for your dd.  good luck, I hope this year is full of success.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Schools allow her to wear that? Even the schools around here that don't require uniforms wouldn't allow half of those clothes.
What kind of grate job did your husband have? Grill grate, sewer grate?
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:54 AM

I like her style! Yay

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:55 AM
8 moms liked this
Azzhat

Quoting Anonymous: Schools allow her to wear that? Even the schools around here that don't require uniforms wouldn't allow half of those clothes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM
26 moms liked this
What's wrong with t shirts, pants, shorts and one skirt? I got them at khols and walmart in the back to school sale. I don't know what grill grate or sewer grate means? I'm sure I don't want to. He worked for suddenlink communications for 10 years in the IT department before they closed the location in our home town. You don't have to be a vile bitch. We worked really hard to be able to get our dd new clothes she's only 7 by the way and bright clothes are all the rage for little girls. You should really be ashamed of your self for making fun of a little girls clothes.

Quoting Anonymous: Schools allow her to wear that? Even the schools around here that don't require uniforms wouldn't allow half of those clothes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Once upon a Child is your answer. They sell great quality used clothing-hit up the right sale there and ALL of those outfits would have cost $15.

I can afford new clothes-but my son gets all of his shorts and tee shirts from there. He loves it. Where else can you get Gap and old navy shirts for $1-$3 each?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous: What's wrong with t shirts, pants, shorts and one skirt? I got them at khols and walmart in the back to school sale. I don't know what grill grate or sewer grate means? I'm sure I don't want to. He worked for suddenlink communications for 10 years in the IT department before they closed the location in our home town. You don't have to be a vile bitch. We worked really hard to be able to get our dd new clothes she's only 7 by the way and bright clothes are all the rage for little girls. You should really be ashamed of your self for making fun of a little girls clothes.
Quoting Anonymous: Schools allow her to wear that? Even the schools around here that don't require uniforms wouldn't allow half of those clothes. What kind of grate job did your husband have? Grill grate, sewer grate?

You missspelled great as grate. That was her point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Thank you so much. I really hope so too. It really felt great to see the excitement in her eyes. I hope you and your family have a wonderful year too!

Quoting CoolRelax:

Awe congrats mama.  I know it must have felt good to provide for your dd.  good luck, I hope this year is full of success.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM
I only see 3 shirts not school appropriate(the tank top and the 2 in the first picture).
Besides she needs cute clothes for outside of school too. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)