Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just don't want to co-sleep! Why is it such a big deal?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 386 Replies
9 moms liked this
I'm expecting my first child so we're looking for a two bedroom house. Everyone keeps telling me it's a waste of money because the baby has to be with me the first year.. NO my baby doesn't have to be in the same bed with me the first year. My parents co-slept and so did my sister. Each of them ended up with kids in their bed for years, and my 10yo niece still climbs in their bed in the middle of the night right along side their 5yo. The only one that stays in her bed all night is the 9yo but she's always been an independent child. Co-sleeping is truely something I want to avoid and people just don't seem to get it. I have no issue with getting up and down to put baby back to sleep all throughout the night. I'll be tired but I'm actually willing to put the effort into it. Is it really that big of a deal? I don't understand why everyone around me is acting like "I'm doing it wrong".
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM
7 moms liked this
Your kid your choice....I have five and coslept with all of them and occasionally still have a 6 and 10 year old in the bed with a 12,14,and 16 year old on the floor lol no regrets
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
9 moms liked this

I don't know why anyone is making it an issue. It's completely normal for children to have their own rooms. I don't know of anyone that at least advertises co-sleeping.

LivingDeadGirlx
by WhiteTrash on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM
9 moms liked this
Whatever you do, do not freaking cosleep. Well that is, unless you never want to have sex again or sleep on the couch for the next few years lol. I did with my 1st child and omg I regret it. 2nd child, hell no.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM
6 moms liked this

Co-sleeping isn't just bed sharing, FYI. And no, you should only practice bed sharing if you are comfortable with it and you clearly aren't. Why do you care about other people's opinions on how to raise your child? Just do what works best for your family.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM
17 moms liked this

It's pretty normal for a baby to sleep in their own room. I did a bassinet next to my bed for 3 months, and then it was into their own room. Tell your family to mtob.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I agree baby doesn't need their own room. I'd keep the one bedroom and have baby in the bassinet for that first year. Then move and put them in their own room.

Just tell everyone to shut it lol
grimmgram
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I co slept with my first but she loves Sharing her room with her little brother now. I didn't co sleep with my son because i just didnt feel like it anymore. Neither have problems sleeping anywhere but i do miss cuddling with their cuddliness
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to have the kid in your room though? Like in a crib on the other side of the room? That way when he/she cries you don't have to go so far.  You can put them in their own room when they are actually sleeping through the night and stuff. 

2babymomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they just mean having the crib in your room
BabyPink07
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't cosleep with dd1 and she is in my bed every night.

I coslept dd2, and she prefers her bed. It has more to do with the kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN