Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please tell me she messed up???

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM
  • 293 Replies

My roommate is moving across the country so i applied for the low income apartment complex (this is not section 8). Its down to the wire and all she (lady at complex) has to do is approve my paperwork which shes doing this week so i asked what would my rent be and she said the very minim would be $240. I am probably freaking out over nothing but i still have to worry about it. Physically my body can not handle work, college and a toddler i am to sick and no i can not push my body that would lead to worse things. Ive been trying to find a job to work around my health issues but so far nothing. I only get $300 a month. After fighting for months for child support i found out last week the case is suspended due to him being in college and not making over $900 a month and he refuses to help because thats what the court ruled and do not tell oh well you had sex with him blah blah blah. 1. you have zero idea how he was before i became pregnant. 2. he was not a one night stand or a few months fling kinda thing. 3. people DO CHANGE in a blink of an eye. (ive seen it in family member as well). Yes i am aware i should have went to college and did this or that before having a baby. SAVE IT because the child is already here and i am doing the best i can. Also i had ZERO health issues before my child. Another thing, dont tell me oh well you are able to go to college then you can work. FALSE. I wish people understood. I am working with my doctors but only so much can be done and it takes time.

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandy18192
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM
What's your health problem?
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I'm sure she didn't mess up.

Better hurry up and figure shit out. She still hasn't approved you so it may not even happen.

It seems like the only way around this is to work. Ask your Dr what kind of jobs you are able to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Well since you know you can obviously work if you can do college. So suck it up and woman up
mommy103238
by Mandy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

i already know what kind of jobs i can work. 1. they are limited here big time 2. not having a college degree doesnt help my chances 3. my work experience is minim.

Quoting Elyce225: I'm sure she didn't mess up. Better hurry up and figure shit out. She still hasn't approved you so it may not even happen. It seems like the only way around this is to work. Ask your Dr what kind of jobs you are able to do.

mommy103238
by Mandy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM

i said that was false. oh and stfu telling me to suck it up and shit. You wouldnt last a min in this body.

Quoting Anonymous: Well since you know you can obviously work if you can do college. So suck it up and woman up

mommy103238
by Mandy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

ms and lupus.

Quoting mandy18192: What's your health problem?

myshoes
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM
9 moms liked this
Maybe you could try working a job where you take phone calls from your home. Like 1-800 flowers. The calls get directed to your phone and if you don't answer they move on to another phone. That way you only work when you can.
Debisevil
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I know there is tons of help out there for single moms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM
15 moms liked this

Okay I'll be that heartless bitch,  if you are soooo sick you can't work or go to college you need to give the kid up for adoption so it can have a better life,  you can't make it on only $300 a month,  you're going to be homeless.  There you didn't want to hear a bunch of people tell you to suck it up and work for your child so I gave you the harsh truth!

sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM
She probably didn't make a mistake. Can you move in with family or friends until you get on your feet?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN