Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No Birth Certificate

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 77 Replies
2 moms liked this

My dad was born in 1950 and never was issued a birth certificate.  According to his mother (who died 30 yrs ago) it was because the doctor thought he would die.  My dad agrees this makes no sense whatsoever, he's never figured it out.  We would think maybe it was a weird adoption but he looks just like his parents and brother so that would be weird.  My father is not even sure when exactly he was born.    He has always had to jump through hoops to get anything , I'm not sure how he's managed but I do know he had to get an attorney at one point (I dont know the details) but he isn't even sure of his actual birth date.  By the time he was old enough to question it, all the people who were there at his birth had died and his parents stood by their story.  Does anyone have any clue why someone wasn't issued a birth certificate?  He is thinking maybe he was born in a different country but we have no indication that that's the case.  I was just sitting here thinking about it and was wondering if someone knew of any reason.  Thanks!

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WaffleHead
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Wow this is nuts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneck.crazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Wow. That's interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Does he have a ssn
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM
3 moms liked this

He was a kidnapped baby.

They issues BC in th 50's even for babys they didn't think would life.

ShastaRaine
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous: Does he have a ssn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM
If he has a ssn then he should be able to track down his bc
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Uh where is cornholeo and the tp when you need it........ Sorry mama I have no idea.......how was he able to go to school without it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM
We have many suspected illegals in our school who are assigned a number because they don't have ssn or birth certificate. There are ways around it.

Quoting Anonymous: Uh where is cornholeo and the tp when you need it........ Sorry mama I have no idea.......how was he able to go to school without it?
EponineVader
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

My Grandma didn't have one, but that was because she was born at home in 1937 and to a very poor family. Her mother was not a legal resident of the USA but her father was.

Finally in like 1990 she had to jump through all these hoops and bring every shread of paper she could get her hands on to prove who she was and when she was born and they issued her a birth certificate so that she could get a passport. I have no idea how she did it all those years without one.

I would hire someone (who I don't know) but someone maybe a PI or somthing to look into it and see what they could find out about him and his parents

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Immigrant
Kidnapping
Home birth with no follow up 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)