Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! Live-in nanny! **Edit** **Edit**

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sorry, no drama :) just wanted advice.

My SO's 17-year-old dd is being interviewed for a live-in nanny position tomorrow. The mother is an old friend of mine from high school and I'm taking her as her dad will be working. I need your advice/suggestions. 

What would/should the pay be? What are some questions we should ask. 

I have no idea, so I need help! Thanks in advance! =)

ETA: It's a suburb in Maine if that helps any! LOL

Two children, 22 months and 4 years old, with occasionally a 13-year-old. All girls.

It's a summer position. She's NOT moving out.

ETA: SHE GOT IT! $150/week to start, 30-35 hours/week. She can earn more or less depending on the hours, duties, etc. :) :) :) :)

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Pay varies on your area. Some people view the fact that the nanny lives with them as part of the pay (good for college kids).
DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:22 PM

True. I should edit the OP to reflect that, I actually thought about it before posting but didn't remember when typing it lol

Quoting AmaliaD: Pay varies on your area. Some people view the fact that the nanny lives with them as part of the pay (good for college kids).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM
She should definitely find out what they expect of her. When my sister was a live in nanny she was supposed to watch the kids during work hours, one night a week, and one night a weekend. She was responsible for basic cleaning, like lunch dishes and messes the kids made, but not anything bigger, like laundry and cleaning toilets. She was paid extra for anything more.
DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Thank you. I'm sure they'll expect some light housekeeping, but not toilets or deep cleaning. Good advice :)

Quoting Anonymous: She should definitely find out what they expect of her. When my sister was a live in nanny she was supposed to watch the kids during work hours, one night a week, and one night a weekend. She was responsible for basic cleaning, like lunch dishes and messes the kids made, but not anything bigger, like laundry and cleaning toilets. She was paid extra for anything more.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM

BUMP!

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

BUMP!

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM

BUMP!

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I'll be back in the morning. Need sleeps!

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Why are you taking her??? I drove myself to my first interview when I turned 16. I would be so embarrassed if my Mommy drove me. 

LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM

It's an old friend of hers. Pretty sure it'd be suitable. simple smile

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Why are you taking her??? I drove myself to my first interview when I turned 16. I would be so embarrassed if my Mommy drove me. 

Momma.Wife.Birth Doula (IT). 1 Princess.Expecting #2.WAHM.

photo birth2.gif photo unmed.gif photo imagejpg1.jpg photo pro.gif photo doulatraining.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN