Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Facebook friend invites from your kids friends

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My dd friend sent me a friend invite. Dd is 14 her friend is 12. I haven't accepted it. Do you have your kids friends as friends on your Facebook?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM
No. My Facebook is not appropriate for kids.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd accept it in a heartbeat. I like to check up on what the children's friends are up to.
Freela
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I don't accept friend requests from my kids' friends (none of whom are technically old enough to have Facebook anyhow!)  I just ignore them, or let my kids know to tell their friends that they don't get to use my Facebook so adding me in order to access the kids is pointless.

Lynn750
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I do have a few of my DD's teenage friends from her horseback riding school, and a teenage neighbor as FB friends. My DD10 doesn't have FB yet. I am selective about it and have not accepted some invites, if I don't know them or their families well, or if it feels awkward.

I don't put inappropriate things on FB, and I doubt they would, either. I also have a couple of my kids' ex-teachers as FB friends. I think it's okay, as long as you use discretion on your page, and about whose requests you accept.
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM
A couple of my adult/almost adult kid's friends.
shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Yeah, I do. My Facebook page is G rated, and I'm nosy. .lol
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM
If i see billy boogerhead send me a friend request I'll be shocked, that 2 year old is fantastic!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I do have one. They have been friends for years, I am friends with her mom too. It works the other way as well I am friends with a few of my friends kids too.
If any of my child's friends send me a friend request I would accept. It gives me an opportunity to get to know them better and it gives them an opportunity to have support of a trusted adult if the need arises.
kewimom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Only if they are over the age limit of 14.
jenesis509
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Im friends with a lot of the kids. But I'm my local childrens church teacher and the nyi president my husband is the teen pastor so he actually has more than me lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)