Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Early contractions or gas? *Update two* Anybody have any tips on bed rest?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:49 AM
  • 128 Replies

DH took her in when he got home from work. She was just constipated, however she also has been diagnosed with an incredibly weak cervix and has been put on strict, 24 hours bed rest for theforeseeable future. She is supposed to lay on her side and get up as little as possible to avoid putting pressure on her uterus. This means that she can probably get up for bowel movements, but she will have to use a bed pan or catheter to empty her bladder. No showering, baths only. They are going to keep her in hospital over the weekend but then its back here. Fun times ahead. Anybody have any tips on how to get through bed rest?

Update: I called up my friend who works who specializes in gyno/obsti. Took her all of about  5 minutes to figure out that apparently SD is constipated. SD  guesses she hasn't had a bowel movement since last Monday. I'm just going to leave her try on the toilet and if she hasn't passed anything by morning DH can give her a suppository or something when he gets home from work.

Thanks for the advice all. Night.

SD has been in the bathroom for the last hour and a half, so I went and told her to hurry up and she said it feels like she has her period and needs to poop but can't.

I've never had early contractions so I don't know if they feel different from normal ones. I think she just has gas but she is getting a bit worried. DH is at work so can't even ask the expert.

Do these sound like early contractions? SD is 23 weeks.

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Her OB isn't an expert? Call them.
holyhoola
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Waffles
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:52 AM

gas

falloutboy
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I don't know? Ask if her stomach is tightening up.
rebeccarae
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I'm not sure, call her ob.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM
You told her to hurry up?
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Call her ob or the emergency room
228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Feeling like she has to poop? I've never heard contractions being described as that. Any other feelings? Stomach tightening? By period does she mean crampy or what?
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:01 AM

So?

She doesn't know if it feels tight or not, just that it feels sore when she touches it. Don't know what that means.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You told her to hurry up?

drsmith94
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:02 AM
I had Braxton Hicks contractions with my ds. They didn't feel like I had to poop, but they were like period cramps times 100 and the real contractions were like period cramps times 10000. I also have had severe muscle cramping that feels like my lower half is being squeezed and pulled apart. All that's normal, but doesn't hurt to have her seen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)