Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My neighbors have messed with the wrong chic!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:14 AM
  • 84 Replies

New house, been here 6 weeks.  The neighbors, on the first day were were here started impossing.  They asked us if we would go in half with them for trash pick up.  They said they can't afford it.  I said, we just moved in, let me see what our budget is like.  (We didn't know til we moved, that trash removal isn't free from the county, its 40 a month) But there is a limit on the amount of trash you can have or they charge you more, so I told them no.  

We got an email from our trash company saying they are increasing our rates because we have had heavier and more volume of trash then is allowed. I'm like, WTF? No, I make sure we don't, and we recycle. 

Today is trash day, DH put the trash out last night.  This morning I walked out there before the trash men came and opened the lid.  And sure enough, black trash bags, we use white.  I took the bags out of the trash can and sat them on their porch.  If they do it again, I will open the bags and dump the trash all over their lawn.  

What nerve some people have!

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh wow! Can you report them to the city or something? We have a trash removal fee here too and I'm pretty sure they can get in trouble for doing that.
LClark1973
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I really dislike that type of neighbor.

jjames0991
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I'm going to call the county this morning and find out.  The thing is, they must be getting up in the middle of the night to do it, because between DH and DD and I being night owls, this house isn't completely dark and lifeless until about 2am.  

Quoting Anonymous: Oh wow! Can you report them to the city or something? We have a trash removal fee here too and I'm pretty sure they can get in trouble for doing that.

jjames0991
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I've never dealt with this stuff before.  The other day I was leaving to go to the gym and the wife asked me if I can take guest because she would like to start going to the gym.  I said yes but that I don't go regularly and I dont' want to feel obligated to go because someone else is depending on me. 

And they always try and invite themselves to get in our pool.  

Quoting LClark1973:

I really dislike that type of neighbor.

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM

that is terrible for them to have done that, I completely agree. You sent a very clear message when you placed the trash on the porch. I strongly aadvise against dumping their trash on the lawn -that is a can of worms you dont want to open.. instead call the police and have them come out and speak to the neighbors. 

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM
5 moms liked this
Tell them flat put not to do that again. No hints. Some people are stupid.

It's illegal for them to put it in your trash. If you want, you could call the cops. Most likely there will be mail addressed to them in a bag. That should be a last resort since you don't need a war with the neighbors. They might be bat shit crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM
I would have said yes but they would be the ones getting the bill. Why not try to save a bit? Sorry your neighbors have seriously over stepped, you said no.

We've used our neighbors trash service before, we are right on the city\county line, and they get theirs free because they are zoned city. And yes we had their permission.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM

That would piss me off too. Hopefully they don't try it again.

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Bump for their response!

jjames0991
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM

It probably would be the wrong thing and I don't want to start a war.  LOL

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

that is terrible for them to have done that, I completely agree. You sent a very clear message when you placed the trash on the porch. I strongly aadvise against dumping their trash on the lawn -that is a can of worms you dont want to open.. instead call the police and have them come out and speak to the neighbors. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN