Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another weight loss post

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 44 Replies
I remember from my last post that there were a lot of you trying to lose weight, so I thought I'd make a "check in" post.

How's everyone doing this week? Down, up, plateau? Brag or vent here! Lol
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I usually go jogging but my neighbor who works offshore is home for a few days. I wont go outside until he goes back to work. Ill just drinking water and watch food portions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Since Memorial Day weekend, I've lost roughly 10 lbs.  I'm fluctuating a bit and I don't have my own scale so I'm at the mercy of my friend's and my grandmother's!  I've still got at least 20 to go and I know I could still get my diet a little better but I'm getting there!

TrouserMouser
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM
I needed to lose about 20lbs, but I have another several months before I have to worry about that again. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Ugh. No bragging here. I was down 20 pounds, then gained back 10 without changing much. I am hoping that once I start my period I'll lose some of it again. I just got back from a vacation to visit family, so I'll get back to the grind next week (a friend and her daughter came back home and are visiting, so I don't want to go to the gym a lot while they are here).

At the doctor currently, and their scale has me (dressed) as 4 pounds lighter than mine had me (undressed), so that was a nice surprise;) mine has been acting weird, so maybe I need a new one...
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Congrats! Every small step is a win lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Since Memorial Day weekend, I've lost roughly 10 lbs.  I'm fluctuating a bit and I don't have my own scale so I'm at the mercy of my friend's and my grandmother's!  I've still got at least 20 to go and I know I could still get my diet a little better but I'm getting there!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Do you have a smart phone? There's an app, 7 minute workout, all you need is a chair and a little space in your living room.

Quoting Anonymous: I usually go jogging but my neighbor who works offshore is home for a few days. I wont go outside until he goes back to work. Ill just drinking water and watch food portions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I have been at this for months now with only 4# weight loss and I have changed a lot.I have lost enough inches though I am down in size of clothing & it's feeling looser also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I have lost 20 pounds and am now in a plateau.  It is really frustrating because I am eating less and exercising more and I still am not losing weight.  I have 20 more pounds to lose and am starting to feel resentful and unmotivated because the scale hasn't moved in a week and a half.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM
I have been maintaining my goal weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Periods and vacations are a pain in the ass when it comes to weight loss.

I had to reset my scale, it told me I was 91 pounds, I knew that wasn't even close to right lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Ugh. No bragging here. I was down 20 pounds, then gained back 10 without changing much. I am hoping that once I start my period I'll lose some of it again. I just got back from a vacation to visit family, so I'll get back to the grind next week (a friend and her daughter came back home and are visiting, so I don't want to go to the gym a lot while they are here).

At the doctor currently, and their scale has me (dressed) as 4 pounds lighter than mine had me (undressed), so that was a nice surprise;) mine has been acting weird, so maybe I need a new one...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)