Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband is such a huge nerd

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
And I don't mind lol. This past weekend he bought a set of magic the gathering cards and has been crazy about them. (He bought them so he could play with a guy at work) but he has even gotten me to play with him. Honestly I don't mind I actually like playing with him. Not because I really like the game but because I enjoy that time with him doing something other than quietly watching TV or whatever else it is we do. Really looking forward to next month when a new video game comes out that we both love so that's just one more fun thing we can do together. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maminka-4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh hosts D&D game nights. I don't play but its fun to go downstairs and sit and watch them play after I put the kids down for bed.

I love my nerd!!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

MTG can be really fun!

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Mine is a nerd as well....he does not play Magic anymore...he *really* needs to ditch the hundreds of cards he has since they are gathering dust. I used to play with him, but I'm not any good at it. LOL 

He has what I call "Nerd Night" every Monday at a friend's house... he and several of his geek friends get together and play what I lovingly call " Geek Games". He also has a once a month game day through the Church where he and a few other of his nerds mentor teens through games- board games and video games. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

My DH loves Magic.  He's a judge and used to frequently travel to tournaments.  He has fun. He hasn't done it in a few months though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM
We have a d&d game that we use to play it wasn't a true d&d but more of an easier version. I think one of his friends has it for some reason.

Quoting maminka-4: My dh hosts D&D game nights. I don't play but its fun to go downstairs and sit and watch them play after I put the kids down for bed.

I love my nerd!!
Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM

That would make him a geek,not a nerd

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM
It is fun actually and it's even better that I beat him a lot of the times lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

MTG can be really fun!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Hahaha nice, you must have a pretty good deck! We recently sold all of our MTG stuff to make more room for other hobbies. My husband's musical equipment takes up about 90% of our walk-in. -_-

Quoting Anonymous: It is fun actually and it's even better that I beat him a lot of the times lol
Quoting OwlNuggets:

MTG can be really fun!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM

You are wrong about that.

He is a nerd, not a geek.

Google backs me up :P

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

That would make him a geek,not a nerd

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Mine is more of a computer/gadget nerd. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)