Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

paid once a month

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Anyone elses job pay them or s/o only once a month? I've been getting paid once a month for the last three years I cannot budget right to make it through the month. By the last week I feel like I'm waiting for my walfare check. I miss biweekly pay.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Yep. I'm used to it.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It's the same amount of money.  Put half in a savings account and pay yourself biweekly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Yea I'm salaried. That sounds like a great idea smh i don't know why that never even crossed my mind.

Quoting Texor:

It's the same amount of money.  Put half in a savings account and pay yourself biweekly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Im feeling like i never will. I actually just paid Off a bunch if crap to fix up my credit so now that's all over I'm hoping it gets easier.

Quoting Anonymous: Yep. I'm used to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I did previously because my hours varied.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM
It will. I actually like once a month now. I know hear I stand after all bills. Would it help to do part time for a couple months until you get used to it? It is hard at first.

Quoting Anonymous: Im feeling like i never will. I actually just paid Off a bunch if crap to fix up my credit so now that's all over I'm hoping it gets easier.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM

You could probably even have this done automatically through your bank.  Half gets deposited into the savings and then schedule an automatic transferfrom that to your checking account two weeks later. :-)

Quoting Anonymous: Yea I'm salaried. That sounds like a great idea smh i don't know why that never even crossed my mind.

Quoting Texor:

Crashly
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Did gets paid once a month. It works great for us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I think I'm going to start doing what another lady suggested that i put half of it In saving and pay myself biweekly. I hate where i stand after bills lol.

Quoting Anonymous: It will. I actually like once a month now. I know hear I stand after all bills. Would it help to do part time for a couple months until you get used to it? It is hard at first.

Quoting Anonymous: Im feeling like i never will. I actually just paid Off a bunch if crap to fix up my credit so now that's all over I'm hoping it gets easier.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Hubby's pays once a month. It's different, but it's what we have to work with. We know to the penny how much our bills cost and make sure that amount is in the account at all times. If you want you could have two separate accounts. One for just bills and one for groceries, sundries and other stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)