Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy Question. could it be preterm labor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm 30 weeks pregnant. But I have been messuring farther along by about 3 weeks. This is my second child. I'm dialated to a 2. Which my doctor said with second time moms it's not that uncommon and I could be like this and still go full term.

Anyways. Yesterday I was having quite a few contractions. They were random so I figured they were just Braxton Hicks Contrations. But late into the evening I started having shooting pains down in my pelvic area. They were bad enough to wake me up through the night. And still this morning I'm having random contractions and these shooting pains.

Does this sound like preterm labor? Anybody else experienced the shooting pain?

* my first baby I never experienced any braxton hicks contrations or any feeling of labor until I was induced. So this is new to me.

*I have called my doctor and the receptionist is going to have him call me when he is done. He is in delivery right now. I called labor and delivery and they said unless I'm having any blood or the contractions are consistent they would wait until I talked to my doctor. I'm just wanting other moms thoughts on this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Bump.
oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I had brax and hicks with my first and i have them with my second.

Are you having any bleeding? Water breaking etc?

Try laying down and sipping on a glass of water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM
No bleeding or other fluid problems.

I have done that. I was down all night and they never stopped. They haven't got stronger or more consistent. If it was just the contractions it wouldn't worry me. But I've never had these shooting pains down in my pelvic area before.

Quoting oliveoil423: I had brax and hicks with my first and i have them with my second.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Drink a big glass of warm water, and lie on your left side.
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM
My doctor told me if i have more than 4 contractions in a hour after relaxing and drinking water that i should go in to be seen
LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Baby could just be positioned on a nerve.

Definitely drink a large glass of water and lay on your left side.

oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I get the brax and hicks non stop and i just lay down on my left or straighten my body for it to stop. And i get them sometimes in my back to.

Is there another doctor you can talk to or is he the only one.

Quoting Anonymous: No bleeding or other fluid problems.

I have done that. I was down all night and they never stopped. They haven't got stronger or more consistent. If it was just the contractions it wouldn't worry me. But I've never had these shooting pains down in my pelvic area before.
Quoting oliveoil423: I had brax and hicks with my first and i have them with my second.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Lol. I would be going to labor and delivery everyday. But since this is a new pain I may need to.

Quoting bby4lydia: My doctor told me if i have more than 4 contractions in a hour after relaxing and drinking water that i should go in to be seen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I didn't think of the possibility of a nerve. Thanks.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Baby could just be positioned on a nerve.

Definitely drink a large glass of water and lay on your left side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Normally. But he is my doctor and the on call doctor at the hospital today. I'm thinking he will call me soon. Unless there is just a lot of emergencies today. He is good about getting back to you fast.

Quoting oliveoil423: I get the brax and hicks non stop and i just lay down on my left or straighten my body for it to stop. And i get them sometimes in my back to.

Is there another doctor you can talk to or is he the only one.

Quoting Anonymous: No bleeding or other fluid problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)