Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think im developing an eating disorder and i don't know how to stop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I have always been supper skinny but the last year i have gained weight. At first it was amazing because I always wanted to be bigger. Its not my size that's bothering me, its the squishy untoned areas. My stomach is the worst. Its not really that flat anymore unless i stand up really straight.

so i know I'm far from fat but i don't like what i see when i look at my stomach or my much bigger thighs. I started exercising and i still don't like what i see, what's scarring me now is i don't eat that much during the day in hopes that i will lose the fat on my stomach.
I've been shaming myself by taking pictures of my stomach and looking at them when I'm hungry so that i wont be tempted to eat.
i think about my fat almost every min of the day and it makes me very depressed I'm not what i,used to be. I used to be able to eat like a pig, anything i wanted when ever i wanted and now I'm scared to eat at all.
i have been in therapy for this for about 4 months now and no matter what she says, no matter what anyone says, i see my fat and i hat myself. I cry every day because i know this is an unhealthy way to think. I don't know how to stop, therapy isn't working, what do i do :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Bump
Bieg9093
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Has your doc discussed an anti-anxiety med with you?

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I haven't a clue. I'm in the same boat almost but I'm a avoiding the temptation to purge, I had a baby 4 weeks ago and I'm trying to keep that in mind but I'm so depressed about my new body. Good luck mama, hope you get some better help. I'm hoping I don't slip back into old ways =/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Unfortunately, nobody can make you accept yourself...that is in your control alone. I am sorry you're going thru this.
MissMandaz
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM

All I've eaten lately is a banana a day and a cup of coffee. And I work out 2-4 hours a day at the gym. I have issues as well I think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Did your dr tell you that not eating puts your body into starvation mode and makes it impossible to loose weight. Anything that you do eat will be stored in your body as fat to keep yourself alive.

Eat small healthy meals through out the day instead of 3 big ones. That along with your workout will create better results than not eating at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I'm on them already for my GAD

Quoting Bieg9093:

Has your doc discussed an anti-anxiety med with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I've lost control:( i don't know how to get back.

Quoting Anonymous: Unfortunately, nobody can make you accept yourself...that is in your control alone. I am sorry you're going thru this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)