Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid will not be sharing!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM
  • 253 Replies
58 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is the supply list for my kid. Now I do only have the one in school right now but even when my youngest goes to school I don't think it will be too bad. He will use his backpack and lunch box from last year. Everything else has been bought for this year. I spent $19.67 on all of it. That was with buying 40 pencils instead of just 24 and buying 2 8 oz bottles of glue and 4 glue sticks and buying both gallon and quart size zip lock bags.

So you know what I did. I went out and bought everything again. Yep, I bought everything off the list except the backpack so that my son's class will have more than enough stuff.

Why did I do this? Because I know that some parents can't afford to go above and beyond when it comes to supplies. I don't think it is solely the teachers job to supply the kids whose parents can't do it. I hope I help the teacher out some so that she won't be stressed trying to make sure she has enough supplies. It doesn't cost too much and it benefits my kid and his education.

Instead of being selfish and arguing with teachers about community supplies, what's on the supply lists or whatever else. Let's begin the school year with giving to those less fortunate. It's a great example to set for your kids too.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM
15 moms liked this
Stop with the logic, it burns!!!!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM
13 moms liked this

I agree with you 100000000000%

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I do the same. Why the difference in size of Ziplocs for boys and girls though? Just curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I do this also. I don't get why people get so damn huffy over some crayons and paper...
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess since they want some of each size. So to ensure they don't have all the parents buying the same size they divide it by gender.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: I do the same. Why the difference in size of Ziplocs for boys and girls though? Just curious.
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:59 PM
AGREED!!! Good for you
crazymommy30
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I buy 3 times what the list says. I keep some for my kid, donate some to the classroom, and donate the reast to Salvation Army for their backpack program.

Clishmaclaver
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I agree. Our supplies for 2 kids will equal about $100. That's not bad at all for a year's worth of education. I will also buy some extras of the things that are used really fast. Last year my kindergarteners class ran out of crayons glue, and scissors I believe.
Sara-1989
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM
7 moms liked this
Seriously. If you can't afford to spend $20 a year on some dumb crayons you need to reevaluate your priorities
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:02 PM
11 moms liked this
I'm a teacher and we appreciate parents like you so much!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN