Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in baby proofing

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM
  • 342 Replies
5 moms liked this

We are moving hopefully next month.  The owner of the house was talking with us and telling us all about the things he did to baby proof the house which included baby gates, socket covers, and childproof locks on the cabinets.  He offered to keep all those things there since he and his wife divorced and he no longers has the children.  

I told him no.  We don't need to baby proof stuff.  We didn't baby proof anything other than the sockets when she realized she could stick stuff in them.  We just taught her what she could and could not get into and kept an eye on her so we could catch her if she tried to do something she wasn't supposed to.  

Did you baby proof?

If so, why and are you happy you did so?

If no, why and do you wish you had? 

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We have socket covers and two gates to keep him out of the kitchen. That's it, I think.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:43 PM
8 moms liked this

Absolutely I did

I refused to take any chances with all these kids running around. There is only 1 of me and a bunch of them

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I told them no and removed them when they touched the things that were child proofed as well.
I liked not having to constantly worry about it, especially with two little ones.
MysticNightSky
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:44 PM

We have a gate, but nothing is locked up in the kitchen. My kids are out here when I am out here and so I notice if they go off. We do have a gate, but it keeps my son from getting into dh's games and our computer stuf. We have a cabinet that dh made recently to keep it more safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:44 PM
We have socket covers and a cabinet lock on one in the kitchen.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I do somethings, but not everything
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Only light sockets, removing /hiding visible cords, and kept basement door shut and locked.
TrouserMouser
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM
3 moms liked this
We don't really baby proof, but I make sure dangerous things aren't readily available.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM
23 moms liked this
Yes i did.... Because I'm not superwoman and my eyes are not everywhere.
Rather be safe then sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM
6 moms liked this

Look at you judging and feeling superior already, right back into the bitchy mode.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)