Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long does it take to kill your liver?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I've been taking Vicodin and drinking vodka for 2 weeks. I can't possibly be pregnant due to a hysterectomy and I have been incredibly naseas once I take my first sip.  My friend told me it could be a sign of liver damage.  I just got my liver tested about 6 months ago and it was fine, so I'm just wondering how quickly a liver can become seriously damaged?  I know no one (probably) here is a doctor, but I was just wanting a rough idea.

btw, I don't want sympathy, but I know everyone will get sidetracked with telling me what a horrible bitch I am, so for the record, I have breast cancer and chemo sucks

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM
I've been a daily vodka drinker for years(not now due to pregnancy) and my liver is healthy. I have no idea. I hope you get better.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Normally months or years, but if you're doing chemo I imagine it could take a lot less time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. Thank you for acting like a grown woman. I'm only 29, btw.

Quoting _mimimosley_: I've been a daily vodka drinker for years(not now due to pregnancy) and my liver is healthy. I have no idea. I hope you get better.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Um... chemo makes people very sick. Im pretty sure thats your culprit.

imakehimscream
by He screams on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Idk I'm sorry you are sick
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Good point and thank you.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs: Normally months or years, but if you're doing chemo I imagine it could take a lot less time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Lol, I'm very aware of that, but I know even alone Vicodin or vodka is hard on your liver, so I was worried about the mixing of them.

Quoting BEXi:

Um... chemo makes people very sick. Im pretty sure thats your culprit.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:27 PM

It really doesnt take long at all. You would likely notice jaundice if it were that bad though. Knock it off and go get a blood test. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM
So why mix the two then? I get that you're in pain and no I cannot imagine how much pain, but why mix the alcohol with the vicodin?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM

My doctor told me that last time and I don't notice any jaundice. I am going to quit, mostly because I feel so sick all of a sudden. It used to help with the nasea and pain though

Quoting thenameshailie:

It really doesnt take long at all. You would likely notice jaundice if it were that bad though. Knock it off and go get a blood test. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN