Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He is going to pay!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

My bff's son is kind of forgetful. It isn't just the run of the mill things either, it's like normal everyday things that aren't completed. He's left the front door wide open after he left for school and it was open until his Mom came home from work several hours later. He's left his house key in the door over night. He's left the water running after he's gotten out of the shower which flooded out the bathroom. He has also left the freezer door open over night. The compressor shot and they had to buy a new fridge; theirs was only a few months old.

He is 13 and it's a bit ridiculous. 

My bff tells me today that last night he left the trunk open after he took his baseball gear out. It was open all night so the battery shorted out. They tried to jump it, but it was dead. She and her dh decided that their son was going to pay to replace the battery. I can see where they are coming from, but I don't know what I would do in the same situtation. His "forgetfulness" has cost them quite a bit of money so they are hoping that this will be a life lesson.

What would you do? 

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I would be pissed.
He sounds less "forgetful" and more like a lazy little shit.
zeezoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Def make him pay for the damages. He'd old enough to understand consequences, and this actually might help him understand the value of money.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:29 PM

He would have to get a job and start paying for these ridiculous and continuous mistakes 

HAHuskey
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with her making him pay it.
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this
Forget to feed him and see how long it takes for him to remember to fend for his self. Forget to take him to baseball practice. ..... etc etc until he gets it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a boy who was never ALLOWED to do things for himself during his formative years.  Now he doesn't think of them.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:37 PM
He sounds lazy and like he doesn't give a shit, not forgetful.
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I am all for making a kid pay for what they break and it teaches them good life lessons because as an adult someone else doesn't pay for my mistakes I do.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wonder if there was an underlyig medical issue, but yes, it sounds fair.

nikabear
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I agree with her! He should pay for the battery!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)