Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My crazy mom stole my dd very long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so when I was 16 I ran away from home and lived with some older friends for a year or so. When I was 17 I was still not back at home I was living with my bf in his apartment he was 18. Than I got pregnant I pregnant mith my dd I would turn 18 before I had her. After being away from home for so long I thought my mom would like to know what was going on. Ok so the reason I left home in the first place was because my mom has always been a horrible parent. She was divorced many times and always had new boyfriends living in. She pretty much never had a job and was always living on child support from her 4 kids all from different dads. So yeah not a great parent. So for what ever reason she convinced me to move in with her and she wanted to help with dd. so I did move in and she kept telling me I should let her help me and I didn't see any reason why not. So a month passes and I have her via c sec, during the hospital stay my mom threatens my bf and his mom saying enjoy getting to see dd because it won't happen again. Now it's time to go home from the hospital and my mom is like we need to make a stop at the bank and she asked me to come in with her, we sit down and she has these papers and tells me they were an agreement that she could help me. I didn't read them I was so tired I just wanted to go home with dd so I just signed them. Later that night she gave me a copy of the "agreement" well turns out the papers were to give her full custody. She waited till I was sleeping and took my dd and locked her in her own room. When I tried to get her she would not let me she wouldn't even let me fb her. At the time keep in mind I just turned 18 I didn't know that she could have been in big trouble for that those papers were not signed by a judge yet. I didn't know any better so I left dd with her so I could start looking for a job and a place to live because after I told fb what happened he didn't even want to talk to me he was so hurt. At the time he thought if he got involved he could get in trouble for kidnapping. I found a really good paying job and my own place and filed a motion to dismiss the case with the reason I didn't even read the papers and I didn't know she was planning  that was the day after my mom filed the papers with the court. All this time thinking I couldn't have my dd my mom took care of her so by the time the judge got around to seing the file she was already a few months old. So because my mom had been taking care of her the judge granted my mom custody and I only got supervised visitations the judges reason was he couldn't just rip her from the only home she has ever known. 

In the mean time I get married and keep fighting the court but they only gave me more time like 2 days unsupervised for like 3 hours. At this point I'm expecting ds and she is now 4. The court finally gives me every other weekend because dad gets the other. About a year after that we go to court again and the judge sait there should be no reason I shouldn't have custody of her so we increase time over several months till she is with me m-f with grandma and dad getting weekends. Now she is 10 and we have not been back to court since and grandma still has mandatory time with her.

I forgot to add my mom named her and gave her her own last name, I never saw the papers in the hospital. My mom was also raising her to think she was her mom she to this day still calls her mom. She would also take her to many docs saying there was something wrong with her because I was on drugs when prego and that is not the case. She never got a real dx for anything but insisted she needed all these therapies and so on. That's another reason the judge did what he did. She went in to court and told the judge I was a whore and was on drugs which was never the case. Oh yeah the time I had her she quit getting child support and I had to pay her child support for my dd. 

I think it's time we go back to court and get grandma taken out of this she is 10 she has a brother and sister and needs to be with them not her grandma.  I am a good mom we have a great family and it's time she be a part of that and not grandma. It still makes me sad to think of all the things I missed out on like first words, steps you know I can't ever get that back.

Sorry sooo long it's just kind of a crazy story that some details have to be added

what would you do

** photos on page 12

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Wow...umm no advice just a bump
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
In just staring at my phone ...like what the?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Quoting Caidysmom: In just staring at my phone ...like what the?

Sorry I think if I was vague ppl would really bash

Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:25 PM
I am so lost.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this

Go to court and get any mandatory time with Grandma eliminated. If you have proven to be a competent mother after all this time, there is no reason for the grandmother to have mandatory visitation or any form of custody.

Caidysmom
by MindyM on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I'm not bashing... Just don't know what to say

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Caidysmom: In just staring at my phone ...like what the?

Sorry I think if I was vague ppl would really bash

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I...you...what?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Um, okay. I was 17 when I became a mother as well and I still had more sense than that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Quoting csxt99:

Go to court and get any mandatory time with Grandma eliminated. If you have proven to be a competent mother after all this time, there is no reason for the grandmother to have mandatory visitation or any form of custody.

I pretty much have custody other than weekends and she has no legal say anymore. I don't think we can afford a lawyer right now and it's very trickey because of all that happened for a lawyer to go through out case it's going to cost a fortune. I wouldn't even know where to start with a lawyer.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM
8 moms liked this
I just re read it and this does not sound real.

Your mother named your kid? You were in a bank and signed away your rights? This has been going on for 10 years?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)