Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rich Mama's boy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

The date is getting closer and I am having second thoughts.  I love this guy but his Mom is a Monster!  When she first met me and learned that I was from a Middle class family, she made it clear to me that while it was okay for us to be friends, he could never marry me because of the family fortune.  They own a big corporation.  They have a mansion out east, a Swiss chalet in Switzerland, a yacht, a beachhouse in Florida and California and several sports cars, a ranch in Texas with horses, etc. 

While we were dating, she left us pretty much alone but once he slipped the $50,000 24 ct. diamond on my finger, she started making trouble.  When she learned about my diamond, she forced me to give it back to her son and he take me to Walmart and get me a $50 diamond.  Well, he never did.  Then, she tried to get me in trouble with the law, insisting to the authorities that I "stole" the diamond from her safe!  What a mess that was!  Her dh and her son just stood there while she told the police that I had broken into their home while they were sleeping and not only took the ring but thousands of dollars in cash that was also in the safe! 

Of course, her son came to my rescue when he told the police it was an engagement ring and he produced the receipt showing the proof of sale.  His mom was furious!  After the police left, she proceeded to scream at me, call me obscenties, and threatened me to get out of her home and swore if I ever came near her son again, she would kill me.  She said I was a whore and was not good enough for her son.  All the time she was berating me, her son and dh just stood there. 

Then, the doorbell rang and it was a girl that I had met at a party.  She was tall, blond and gorgeous and had done some modeling in New York and LA.  She was also from a very wealthy family as well; her parents were good parents with my fiance's parents.  She walked up to my fiance, kissed him and then turned to me with a haughty look on her face and told me to leave that she was going to marry him.  Then, she grabbed my hand and jerked the diamond off my finger!  I was in such shock.  His mom started to laugh uncontrollably and this girl and she started calling me names again.  At that point, I just ran out of there.

The next morning, fiance came over to my apartment and tried to explain about why his parents wanted him to marry her.  She is one of them and I am not.  I am a threat to their family fortune.  They are afraid if we get divorced, I would try to sue him for his money.  She already has her own money so there is no threat plus, his parents don't like poor people.  In fact, they grew up dirt poor.  His father made his first million right out of college.  His mother became wealthy with her own company. 

He says he still loves me and wants to elope and take his trust fund and we move to a place where they will never find us--like a deserted isle. 

I don't know what to do.  I love him, too but I am scared.

What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this
You were bored weren't you? Since believing you isn't going to happen, I choose nod my head, but tell you your story could have been a little better
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I would love to see a pic of this $50,000 ring! Please?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
This. It sucks! And some of it doesn't make sense.

Quoting Anonymous: You were bored weren't you? Since believing you isn't going to happen, I choose nod my head, but tell you your story could have been a little better
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Stupid troll is stupid. Two words:

Prenuptial agreement. 

Pretty much makes this entire story moot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I know this sounds like something in a chick book.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I hope you don't plan on writing for a living.
isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM

pics of the ring or gtfo 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Sigh, no really, tell us more.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

i vote for GTFO

Quoting isell_avon:

pics of the ring or gtfo 

all2gethernow
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Yeah...ok...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN