Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We dined & dashed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 219 Replies
DH and I were on a 24 hour toad trip. We stopped at IHOP in the middle if the night because we were hungry and it was the only thing open.

We got out food and it was pretty good and I thought it was awesome that our waitress was also the one cooking the food.

Well we took awhile to eat and by the time we were done we were looking for the waitress to give us our check. We waited 10 minutes and she was nowhere to be found. We tried calculating what we might owe so we could leave it on the table and we figured it was between $25 and $30 but the smallest bill we had was $50. We waited another $10 minutes and she still didn't come back so we took off

I have never done anything like that before. We even searched all around outside to see if she was there but she must have gone in the back or something

Eta: we called out for her, called the store number, and the managers number.

The manager didn't get back to me until the next day I explained the situation and she told me that the waitress had done this before and that she is fired. I offered many times to pay and she refused to take the money.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. That's pretty trashy. Just saying...
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not sure of my opinion on this...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Our waitress disappeared for at least 35 minutes...how long should we have waited for?

Quoting ttriddick: Wow. That's pretty trashy. Just saying...
goldpandora
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM
7 moms liked this

It's called theft. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM
3 moms liked this
What if she were dead or something or being robbed or raped? You suck.
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Was there nobody else in the restaurant?  Like, no other wait staff, someone at the register...nothing?  There have been a few times where I've been in a hurry and waiting for my check.  I've just grabbed another waitress or went to the counter and told them I'm in a hurry and still need my check.  They've retrieved it, paid for my food and left.  

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a really fucked up thing to do. You two are trashy douchebags. Smdh
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:25 AM

My best friend and I used to do that when we were 17/18. My DH would never do it with us because he was much to honest. We convinced him once only to find out that he sent a check the next day. 

I couldn't do it now. I've since learn't the value of the dollar and about how hard people in low wage jobs work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Not one other person not even another customer

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Was there nobody else in the restaurant?  Like, no other wait staff, someone at the register...nothing?  There have been a few times where I've been in a hurry and waiting for my check.  I've just grabbed another waitress or went to the counter and told them I'm in a hurry and still need my check.  They've retrieved it, paid for my food and left.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM
13 moms liked this

Did you call out for her?

Frankly, no waitress will disappear for that long, not when there's money in a till. I think you 're only trying to give yourself a good conscience...

Quoting Anonymous: Our waitress disappeared for at least 35 minutes...how long should we have waited for?
Quoting ttriddick: Wow. That's pretty trashy. Just saying...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)