Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shot down plane...why should we care?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
Don't get me wrong, it's sad people died, first off.

But why is this getting 24/7 news coverage in America? This has nothing to do with us, let them figure it out, and there's no need for so much American interest and involvement in something that didn't happen in our country, in a war zone that has nothing to do with us.

Jmo...
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I dont care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:27 AM
4 moms liked this
I care because one of my friends may have been on the plane and because I have family in Malaysia.
jjames0991
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I don't watch news and block it from my news feed and homepage. So I actually don't know what your talking about. Lol
momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Because there were Americans on the plane. I think it's always good for us to keep an eye on what is going on in the world; in case it finds it's way over here.
Just change the channel if you're not interested. I've not noticed. Tv hasn't been on at all since before it happened. So I'm only seeing what is posted online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Today at 2:59 PM
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this
Most news is like that. Very rarely do you see articles or reports that personally apply to you. Even local reporting. It's more about sensationalism and marketing, which lead to profits.

Let's face it. Most people just want to feel informed. It doesn't really affect everyday living.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM
57 moms liked this
You need something to have to have happened in America or directly relating to American interests to care about it? Wow, now I know where the "ugly American" stereotype comes from.

A commercial plane being shot down by one country in another does have implications for international relations. But if you're so small minded something has to be "American" to make you care, I'm sure you won't get that.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM

There were Americans on board apparently..It is also an International Issue. How can you not see that since the US are allies with many countries in Europe that a passenger plane being shot down by someone, that it is going to be reported here and have US involvement? There has been fighting in northern Ukraine with pro-Russian separatists for a while now and there is a possibility that they shot the plane down...a commercial plane carrying 239 people. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mom2_2542
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM
22 moms liked this
Well ...108 AIDS researchers and activists died on that plane. I'd say the world lost a lot. Even without that..295 innocent people were murdered. That's sad.
happynewyorker
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM

because it's news!!  If you're in another country they have news about the USA and other contries. 

News is news, the media shouldn't pick and choose what countries we care about.  We care!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I am glad its on our news. I think that the tensions with Russia are gonna be tight and that does involve us. The US thinks we have to police the entire world, so yes this does and will affect us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)