Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does he know?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
  • 239 Replies

Does your SO know that you belong to a website group?(like Cafemom)

Dh and I deleted our separate Fb accounts and now have a joint one.

He has access to  my Yahoo account, but worries I have more than one.

He is not controlling in general, but has been cheated on through the world wide web, so he is always worried because I have internet accounts.

So, Dh does not know that I am a member to any web based groups. (Cafemom is the only group I am on)

I believe that since it is not like open chat rooms and all of us are females (that we know of) and im not cheating or chatting with other guys, there is no harm in him not knowing.

What is your thought? Do you keep accounts online a secret? 

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
No! I share everything with DH no matter what. We both also deleted our FB accounts because at first it was keeping in touch with family and friends and it just eventually got i guess you could say boring. Even though CM is for a based site for woman i still dont feel keeping it from him is the best thing to do.if he is already controling how will he act if he somehow finds out? Its your marriage you need to be honest with him. Good Luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I keep this one a secret. For years he knew that I was on CM and he would sometimes get on here and read things. Basically this led him to freak out, saying that everyone on this site should die because they're so stupid. When the occasional argument would spring up he'd bring up CM, telling me that I was incapable of using my brain to form original thoughts and ideas, that the women of CM had changed me. He wouldn't listen to a word I said, bringing CM and feminism into everything. We seriously almost divorced because of a fucking website, he never did tell me what about it was causing him to go mental. I told him that I deleted my account and his insane insecurities went away. I just use an incognito window on Chrome. 

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
He knows I like CM, I've been on it 7 years. We don't really give a shit what each other does online. We weren't even fb friends until 2 days ago and we've been together for years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh knows I talk to him about it. We don't hide anything and our fb are still separate though he doesn't use his anymore.
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband knows but he doesn't care. We have seperate everything accounts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont hide anything from dh. Theres this thing called trust we both have for each other. He doesn't hide anything from me either
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Yes, he knows. I see no reason to hidr and lie about it. I feel that just opens up a can of worms in a marriage.

cymkare
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes and he thinks Cafemom is evil. Lol. 

Honestly, we both have Facebook and other internet accounts and if we wanted to could see each other's. But I've never wanted to see his and he's never asked to see mine. Same with out phones. 

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this
No, if I have to keep something secret from him, it's obviously wrong.

He thinks it's completely stupid I belong to this and another parenting board. But he just rolls his eyes.

I gave my own FB, my own email, my own everything; same for him.
beckyv1972
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous: No! I share everything with DH no matter what. We both also deleted our FB accounts because at first it was keeping in touch with family and friends and it just eventually got i guess you could say boring. Even though CM is for a based site for woman i still dont feel keeping it from him is the best thing to do.if he is already controling how will he act if he somehow finds out? Its your marriage you need to be honest with him. Good Luck

No he is not controlling, he is worried. He wouldnt make me stop coming on here, like the post after you stated (I have been dealing with alot with my Dh, mental illness, his ex, etc.) I needed other ppl to talk to about issues (that is why we are on here) and be able to vent without having to involve family. Like the next post, if he knew he'd want to see what I was talking about (non is bad) So by no means is he controlling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)