Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do skinny people complain about their weight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies

1. Why do skinny people say they're fat? 

2. Why do skinny people want to GAIN weight? 

Why do people complain about being naturally skinny, seriously? I'm 5'1, and 135 pounds and I wish I could lose a ten pounds but the women that are there or even weigh less are always complaining! What will it take for you to realize you're lucky?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Vanity......
zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
7 moms liked this
Ive only ever complained about not being in shape. Not how much I weigh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
35 moms liked this

I have never met a single person who was happy with their body.

They do these things because they look in the mirror, and then they look at what the media plasters across every facet of their being, and realize they don't match.

Some skinny people may want to gain weight because they are told curves are sexy.  Real men want meat, not bones!  They want to wear that sexy dress and have a freaking bust to hold it up.  Some really ARE too thin and their doctors are cautioning them that they need to gain before it harms their bodies.  (My stepmom was too thin for years and it damaged her organs because her body was raiding itself for the energy it needed!)

Skinny people may say they're fat because they have been told if it moves, it's fat.  NOTHING should bounce or jiggle.  You shouldn't be able to pinch anything.

What will it take?  Deep soul searching.  A realization that it doesn't matter what fashion designers, magazine editors, Hollywood, or anybody else thinks of your body.  But that is very hard to do considering from the moment we were old enough to understand, someone was always pointing out our flaws.

Greenenvy
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this

It's not the weight it's how you carry it. I'm 5'7 and 129 lbs but because of my twin pregnancy and csec scar I constantly have a bulge of forever loose skin and scar tissue right at my panty/pants line that falls over the waist band and I feel it makes me look like I have fat roll therefore fat. I hate it, just because the scale says what it says doesn't mean I have to be happy with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Each and every one of us has the right to change our bodies as we see fit. Being jealous or insecure because someone who weighs less than you wants to change doesn't change that fact. My dh used to weigh close to 400 pounds, he worked hard to lose the weight. I've always been on the thin side but gained after having my 2nd child. I would like to lose those 10/15 pounds and in turn he mistreats me for it. Is it not MY body? Do I not have the right to do whatever I want with it? He doesn't get some magical control over me because he was once beyond morbidly obese. The same goes for you and everyone else.

MommyJill87
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone has their insecurities and things they want to change.
myshoes
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM
9 moms liked this
Lol. Someone who is 5'1" and weighs 165 is thinking the same about you.
.CS.
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I've never said I was fat, so I can't say there.

I do want to gain weight, I am underweight which isn't healthy either. I just want to be healthy.

But I don't complain.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm 5'6" and about 105. I think I'm too skinny. I look bony sometimes and it's just weird,. Sometimes clothes don't fit me right. I hate when people assume I have an eating disorder or starve myself.

Gaining 10 lbs (in the right places) would probably make me look healthier, but I just can't seem to gain weight.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm 5'3" and 129lbs. I wear a size 4. I am NOT naturally skinny. In fact, 4yrs ago I weighed 221lbs. Sometimes I do obsess about being fat because I'm scared I'll somehow slip and end up obese again.

Everyone has things about their body they wish they could improve. Even models. I always tell my DH that I'm glad I'm not a model because they have HUGE feet, like size 12, and who can find cute shoes that big?

I have a friend who is very short and thin, like 5' and a 00. She can never find pants that are short enough and I've actually seen her cry because extra small shirts are too big. Sometimes I even get frustrated when I find a cute shirt or skirt but only in L or XL.

Why get mad about how other people feel about their bodies? Is it so hard to believe that thin people can be just as unhappy with themselves as overweight people?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN