Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So this just happened

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Talk about perfect timing.
I was trying to get a picture of ds bouncing in his walker and the seat just slid out I guess some of the pieces that anchor it were not all the way in or his bouncing made them come out of their slots.
It happened very slowly, he was trying to keep himself up and just gracefully fell backwards I was beside him instantly I was standing about two steps away trying to get a picture anyway and he looked at me kinda stunned a second then started swinging himself back and forth.
He never hit the ground but I thought it was so funny after my initial panic when he started swinging himself and closed his eyes like he was enjoying it I had to grab the picture.

But seriously has me considering the safety of this walker. He uses it only when he eats and he can't walk in it so I don't understand how the straps came undone so easily.
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I also shared it on fb earlier and got a nasty comment from my sil about it. Like I'm just gonna take a picture before I help him. Or let him smack his head if I can help it.

That's not what happened at all. I don't find it funny when babies get hurt... Wtf...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Walkers aren't safe. Period. Ask any pediatrician. They are really bad for a baby's hip joints, they delay walking, and they are a falling hazard.

Stationary exer-saucer types are safe but only for short periods of time.

And if your kid is big enough to bounce himself out of the seat, he's too big to be in it at all. Consider yourself lucky that he wasn't hurt this time and don't put him in it again.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Looks like you need to toss it.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM
I don't think I will be. But like I said he only used it for 10-15 minutes to sit in while eating. Stupid thing has rubber wheels and won't even roll on our carpet.

Quoting Anonymous: Walkers aren't safe. Period. Ask any pediatrician. They are really bad for a baby's hip joints, they delay walking, and they are a falling hazard.

And if your kid is big enough to bounce himself out of the seat, he's too big to be in it at all. Consider yourself lucky that he wasn't hurt this time and don't put him in it again.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It may be time to invest in a highchair.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Agreed. I looked at the safety straps and tried to figure out how to get it back in and its little plastic pieces that look like soda can tabs. I put them back in the slots and made sure they were laying side ways to keep them secure and then picked it up by the seat and everyone of them came right back and

Quoting ame85: Looks like you need to toss it.
my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM
highchairs are so much safer. esp when they get to the age where they climb out of EVERYTHING, lol.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM
We have one. But I found a good deal on the walker and it had a steering wheel on it which he loves to pretend to drive. So I bought it and use it for convince so I can feed him in the living room. I'll be throwing it out now.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

It may be time to invest in a highchair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM
They aren't even supposed to sell them anymore. And you should never buy used baby furniture. My mom kept my brother in a walker all the time. He wound up bow legged and he didn't walk til he was almost two.

Quoting BraydensMama163: I don't think I will be. But like I said he only used it for 10-15 minutes to sit in while eating. Stupid thing has rubber wheels and won't even roll on our carpet.

Quoting Anonymous: Walkers aren't safe. Period. Ask any pediatrician. They are really bad for a baby's hip joints, they delay walking, and they are a falling hazard.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Yes we will be throwing this one out. I'm gonna have to cut the seat up I guess cause I know if some one sees it by the road they will take it thinking its good and another baby. One smaller could have his their head without the back support my little guy had to resist the fall.

Quoting my.sonshine: highchairs are so much safer. esp when they get to the age where they climb out of EVERYTHING, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN