Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you supposed to use the diapers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you supposed to use the diapers from a diaper cake?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 146

View Results

My sort-of stepmom is throwing me a baby shower and was talking to DH about a diaper cake while I'm at work, so he's texting me about it. He sent a few pictures she gave and asked which ones I liked and what kind I want. I assumed he meant what kind of diapers. Then later he texts back asking if it's okay if she uses cheap diapers because you're not supposed to use the diapers anyway, it's just a keepsake.

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge but I always assumed you USE the diapers from the diaper cake. It seems like a waste of time and money to just have it as a pretty decoration to me. And a waste of a bunch of useful diapers.

After looking on Google a little more, I can't really find anything saying whether you should or shouldn't, but did find some people use glue to make them. The ones I have seen are always rubber-banded together...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I make them and use the diapers the mother prefers because I want her to take it apart and use the diapers. I have been gifted 3 diaper cakes and I took them all apart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I always thought you were supposed to use them. I did, but my diaper cake was made of Luvs. Not the best, but hardly the worst.
MommeeTo4
by &1more on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Yes you are.

I make them and ask the moms ahead of time what diapers do you prefer
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I don't know if you're supposed to, but I used them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
They original started so you can use them but people are getting more crafty and basically ruining the idea by gluing and such.. Also realize that the more it handled the more unsanitary it becomes.. I make them but I use cloth diaper to do so to get people educated on how easy it is, how much cheaper it's is and better for your baby.
anjones09
by Ash on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes as long as whoever made it didn't glue the diapers together or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't get any because I'm cloth diapering but I always figured it was a cute presentation of a useful gift. It's cute at the shower, but your MIL thinks you'll just keep it on display in the nursery forever? That's silly. lol
KaitlynEileen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM
My sister in law made me a diaper cake and a woman I worked with made a diaper baby. I had plenty of size 1 diapers that lasted a few months. The diapers had rubberbands on them. Why else would people make diaper cakes if you dont use them?
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I always thought the point was to use them. Who wants a pile of diapers sitting around?

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I always thought you used them too, why wouldn't you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)