Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are people who go to college

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

automatically smarter than people who do not?

Can people who do not go to college be intelligent? Can people who have never finished high school or gone to college be intelligent? Is higher learning necessary to be considered intelligent? Or, can you go to college and still be dumber than a box of rocks?

I am just tossing out a conversation starter........

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe more knowledgable aka skilled yes... I was a self taught web designer but after taking a two year programming program trust me, Im ten times smarter LOL

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:56 PM

No. I will never be as wise or wiser than my dad. He built up his resume on work experience - small government jobs, then eventually got into politics. My dad was a university drop out. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
No. I knew some dumb ass people when I went to college. But I give them props for actually going and finishing.
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM

no

yes

yes

no

yes....

kmeow
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I don't think college is necessaarily an indicator of intelligence. My sister has a bachelor's degree and is dumb as a post. She asked me how to spell "chose" last week...  My mom never went to college and she's the smartest person I know.

jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Knowledgeable, well read, skilled, generally organized (at least taught how to be) yes.... But intelligent? Not necessarily.
cupomeow
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Going to college does not make one smarter but it does make them more educated.
A person can be a genius and never attend college.
jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Lol sad but true

Quoting Anonymous: No. I knew some dumb ass people when I went to college. But I give them props for actually going and finishing.
baby.cakes.xoxo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM

I don't believe so. I know of people who dropped out early or never went past high school who are very intelligent people. The drop out in this story is genius level but has mental issues that doesn't make it easy for him to be around people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My 23yo son who is currently in college decided to go on a rant today. I am a college graduate as is my husband but neither of us feel that we are more intelligent than those who do not. Apparently our son feels that anyone without a college education should be on the short bus. I am NOT thrilled with his dumb ass attitude and obviously college has NOT made him smarter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN