Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
When my son was born I had him on Medicaid, after about a year they sent a re-enrollment form and I didn't fill it out because I knew I made too much.

Well I called them the other day and he has been on it this whole time I guess. I updated his information for them and one new thing was that I married someone and left his biological father.
They told me they have to open a child support case because his dad is outside of our home.
We don't need the child support, but I think it's in my sons best interest to have it. His dad does nothing for him ever. Doesn't even pay for the gas to come pick him up on the weekends.
Anyway, now he's all pissed off about it even though it's out of my hands.

I am wondering of anything will even happen because my dh makes more than he does right now?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Your husbands income is irrelevant. The ncp owes child support even if the cp makes more. I make waaaay more than my sons absent father , but he still pays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
other_mother
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM

My income was never counted in DH's child support case-- only his and DS's mother.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Your spouses income does not count towards child support, just yours. I have a child support case and I am a sahm. My dh makes good money but because I don't work they count my income as what I could make minimum wage X 40 hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM
They dont count non parent's income. They go off of how much your ex makes and if he has other kids. Since your child is on Medicaid he will most likely have to pay the state some money every month for that my ex pays $75 to state for insurance and $300 in cs. If he doesn't pay they will add on fees for him to pay.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Quoting other_mother:

My income was never counted in DH's child support case-- only his and DS's mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Thank you. I stay home too so I thought they'd look at my dh income.

Quoting Mommynwife26: Your spouses income does not count towards child support, just yours. I have a child support case and I am a sahm. My dh makes good money but because I don't work they count my income as what I could make minimum wage X 40 hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN