Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I won't let someone gay be around my kids."

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My youngest daughter came out to her father, twin brother, and I about a year and a half ago. None of us had a problem with it. Recently she's started to be more open about it, and her oldest sister found out, who is really overreacting. My oldest daughter is mad that she hasn't always known, and since my youngest is the babysitter to her children(and has been for 3 years, without pay) she feels like she deserved to know. My oldest called me 2 days ago and flipped out on how she will not have a lesbian watching her children, or even be around her kids. She said "It's a choice, and someone that young(17) can't even know that they're gay."

No one else feels this way, just her and of course her husband. I know I can't make her welcome my youngest into her household, but..I  think I should at least try to help my youngest out..it's stressing me out. Would you just let it simmer down? What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I would probably slap the shit out of my oldest daughter for being such a bigot.

liquidtinkerbel
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Her choice
olivejuice2
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM
3 moms liked this
I would let her (odd) know that if she can't act lovingly toward every member of the family she will no longer be welcome in your home or at family functions.

The best you can do for your younger dd is continue to offer your love and support. Don't talk bad about her sister to her, but also let her know that she can count on you because you understand that bigotry is a choice and it will not be tolerated under your roof.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I'll be honest, I would have told my daughter to shut the fuck up with that nonsense. Let her know how ridiculous she is being and how disappointed I am in her to even think of wanting to do such a thing. Fuck her.

samelove89
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Yep this.

Quoting JackAttacks:

I would probably slap the shit out of my oldest daughter for being such a bigot.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM

When she found out, do you think that she felt betrayed because she was the last to know? I am not condoning her behavior. Just curious. The sad thing is that she is going to deny her children from knowing a person who could be the most wonder person in the world all because she is afraid of and/or disgusted by what happens behind closed doors. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Uhm... which daughter are you referring to?

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

I'll be honest, I would have told my daughter to shut the fuck up with that nonsense. Let her know how ridiculous she is being and how disappointed I am in her to even think of wanting to do such a thing. Fuck her.

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM
It's her choice. I don't allow my husband's half "sister" and her girlfriend and their husband near my son. I hate them for many many reasons and I don't agree with their relationship.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I agree 100%.

Quoting olivejuice2: I would let her (odd) know that if she can't act lovingly toward every member of the family she will no longer be welcome in your home or at family functions.

The best you can do for your younger dd is continue to offer your love and support. Don't talk bad about her sister to her, but also let her know that she can count on you because you understand that bigotry is a choice and it will not be tolerated under your roof.
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM

"It's a choice, and someone that young(17) can't even know that they're gay."

wow.... um... i would tell her she's acting foolish.  

edit. your oldest that is... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN