Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want my 18 year old to move out but she refuses. ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 404 Replies
She causes problems for everyone. Goes out late comes home and wakes everyone up. Makes so many messes. Refuses to help out with anything. She is rude and disrespectful and doesn't care about anyone other than herself

I sm not sure what has changed in her life because she never used to be like this. I try talking to her all the time. It always ends with her getting mad and leaving.

Finally after a fee months of this we sat her down and told her if her attitude does not change we will legally evict her when she turns 19 and if she wanted to stay home she would have to follow the rules, be respectful, and help out around the house.

All she did was laugh and say we can't touch her for 8 months.

We live in Nebraska and the laws here suck. At 18 there is such a grey area. We can't kick her out but she could leave whenever she wants. We can't report her as a rrunaway and legally all of the stuff she buys is hers and we can't touch it

I hate it

Eta: for those of you saying I have done nothing you are wrong. I changed the WiFi password, cancelled cable, sold the car, took away all electronics. I don't pay for anything for her. I don't cook for her and I won't let her do laundry at home.(this is just off of the top of my head)

However there are some things I CANT legally do like lock her out. She is stillal a minor and that is illegal

Also taking the door off of the hinges or taking her dresser or anything that singles her out is a bad idea. All she has to do is say she is feels isolated and abused and there will be a full on cps investigation and I would be "providing evidence" that she is isolated
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:38 PM
5 moms liked this
Fuck that. All you need to do is give her a 30 day notice. Get it notorized (or however that is spelled). At the end of 30 days, call the cops and have them evict her. Buh bye.
kewimom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
6 moms liked this
Stuff she buys is hers. What about the stuff you have bought. Her bed, dresser, take it away. Food wise tell if she doesn't buy she doesn't touch it. Tell her she can go get her own dishes since she can't manage to clean up after herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM
9 moms liked this
Move and don't tell her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Well like I said I can't until she is 19

Quoting Anonymous: Fuck that. All you need to do is give her a 30 day notice. Get it notorized (or however that is spelled). At the end of 30 days, call the cops and have them evict her. Buh bye.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It is a very grey area. My lawyer said it might look bad to cps if I take those things. I did take electronics and other stuff but bed and dresser and even the door need to stay to he safe

Quoting kewimom: Stuff she buys is hers. What about the stuff you have bought. Her bed, dresser, take it away. Food wise tell if she doesn't buy she doesn't touch it. Tell her she can go get her own dishes since she can't manage to clean up after herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM
That would be illegal and we can't afford another house

Quoting Anonymous: Move and don't tell her?
Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM

My 18 year old is dying to move out, he's ready NOW. LOL    He's got his apartment leased and everything. He's moving out at the end of the month.

Why does she want to stay home so badly?

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Why can't you serve her with eviction papers now?
Spam72
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM
11 moms liked this
I would call CPS and have a social worker guide you through the process of getting her out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I honestly think it is just to annoy us

Quoting Tuned.Out:

My 18 year old is dying to move out, he's ready NOW. LOL    He's got his apartment leased and everything. He's moving out at the end of the month.

Why does she want to stay home so badly?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN