Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter is dating a Mexican boy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She's 20 and in college. He's 23 and just finishing college, not sure what he wants to do for a living. Apparently his parents don't speak a word of English but they're apparently legal. She just told me about all this yesterday.

I don't know what to do. My DH isn't perfect, but he's a good dad, but he really isn't a fan of Mexican people. He's had bad experiences at his job. He's always told my daughter not to bring one home. My DH and I are planning to drive up for her 21sr birthday in a few weeks with her grandparents and aunts and uncles and she invited him. This is gonna cause a huge scene if I don't say something to DH but I don't know what. Would it be out of line to tell her to not invite him, it's family only? Idk.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Replies (231-233):
MotherOfBee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Mexicans are hot!

Leave her alone and tell your husband to get over it. He has no real reason to dislike her boyfriend.
maynaysmom
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Smh. Your choice.  Stand behind and protect your bigoted jerk of a husband,  or woman up and support your daughter.

Charlie557
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Tell your DH and remind him that if he says something, it's only going to cause strife between him and his daughter. If he'd like to push her away, by all means let him cause a huge scene. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN