Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just drank a 10 banana smoothie

Posted by   + Show Post

and for lunch I think I might have half a kilo of dates. Since I am going to try to go raw today for dinner I am going to try have another 10 banana smoothie. 

YUM

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Replies (221-228):
MysticNightSky
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Quoting Sparkler16: 10 bananas??? Really? You do know that's not that good for you right? That's a ton of sugar. Why not mix 1 banana with berries which are one of the very best fruit sources with the least amount of sugar? Even add spinach. If you're going to change your daily diet to be healthier then at least do it right.

Yeah, I agree it's not healthy

All that sugar+ a lot of calories with limited daily nutrients.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Bananas and dates? That is a lot of sugar. I don't think that's what a raw diet is. You still have to eat healthy foods too.
MysticNightSky
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Mix it up...

Kriskash25
by Kristina on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM
They have 30 carbs a piece that is 300 carbs holly cow! That is how many I eat in 20 days!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I don't think it's very good for you to have that much sugar, or that much of one food even. Throw some kale in there next time, that could be good! You need some veggies with those fruits girl!

Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM

10 bananas?! that is one thick smoothie

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Holy moly, that's diabetes in a smoothie
julie515
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM
The statement I commented on made it seem like you thought bananas weren't brain food.

Quoting MelanieJK:

I didn't say they weren't healthy or that we stopped eating them.    We  EXPANDED our diet.    VARIETY and BALANCE.    And of course moderation.    The fact that one might help you study doesn't mean that 10 will help you ten times more.    lol

Quoting julie515: That is funny since a banana is recommended to eat during studying and tests... because it helps keep your blood sugars level and helps you focus.
Quoting MelanieJK:

There's a reason why we evolved and the apes haven't.    We left the trees and expanded our diet.... to include brain food!  

Quoting winkyloafed: Don't even school us on what a good diet is or isn't.
Quoting MelanieJK:

Eating a whole meal of either isn't a good diet silly.      Get a grip.

Quoting JulietAngel89:

I was thinking a while ago "what is a calorie?" 

After looking it up I no longer felt I had to worry about them. You could eat 1000 calories of bananas and 1000 carories of chocolate. Even though the calories are the same one is much healthier. Its a flawed system.

Quoting winkyloafed: I find it funny that people measure calories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN