Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE: How would you feel? Honest opinions please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
DH has recently started a band (he is a talented musician, and has been in many bands).

Their new lead vocalist (a few months now) is a very attractive, single woman.

Last night, DH told me he is doing a guys night out next week to a sports game, with one guy from the band and another friend. Fine.

(note for those who are confused, this is NOT a band outing. Only one guy from the band plus a high school friend...

Today he tells me that the female vocalist in the band dropped hints about wanting to go, so they invited her. At which point she said..."only if it's okay with your wives." :/

So DH asked how I felt about it, and didn't like my answer. Please note: I did not tell him he could or could not go...I am not his mother.

How would you all feel about this?

I have been great about band practice, etc. But I think this crosses the line of politeness...both that she would invite herself out with three married men, and that they wouldn't just politely decline.

thoughts?

UPDATE
Apparently they uninvited her now (they had already bought her a ticket before actually talking to the wives). They invited a guy instead. DH is pissed, and keeps muttering "I hope HE isn't too feminine for you..."

The whole thing is fucking weird IMO. Clearly it's not a band outing, since the other guy isn't in the band.

And I just don't see why he cares so much. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My jealous streak would say no
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
If she was dropping hints about wanting to go I seriously doubt she would care if it were okay with the wives. If he's in a band he is going to be spending time with her. Are you okay with that too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not jealous and wouldn't care either way.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM
6 moms liked this

I think that you have to trust your husband and accept that she is going to be around and she should be included in the bands outings and not excluded because she is a woman.

caustinb
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Wouldn't care. If they were doing something that wasn't boring, then I might care. Because I would want to go.
mich2.0
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

They're in a band together. They're all bound to be chummy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM
I agree with your first sentence. I think she was instigating.

And, I have to be okay with the band. I work very hard to be supportive there.

Quoting owl0210: If she was dropping hints about wanting to go I seriously doubt she would care if it were okay with the wives. If he's in a band he is going to be spending time with her. Are you okay with that too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Wives were not invited. "Guys night"

Quoting caustinb: Wouldn't care. If they were doing something that wasn't boring, then I might care. Because I would want to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM
It's not a band outing. Both friends are HS friends, only one is in the band. The other band mate wasn't invited.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I think that you have to trust your husband and accept that she is going to be around and she should be included in the bands outings and not excluded because she is a woman.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM
I don't know, I don't trust musicians lol
I mean, df plays but not in a band. All the musicians I know, and I know a shit load(local music is huge around here) are scumbags.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN