Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chiari Malformation?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM
  • 40 Replies

My niece was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation this week.  Her doc is scheduling her an appt to see a neurosurgeon in about a week, and we are all very concerned to say the least.  Up until yesterday I had never even heard of this.  I have researched a little bit online, but would really like to reach out to anyone who maybe knows more about this. Thanks for your help, ladies.

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheLadyAmalthea
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I've never heard of it. Here's a bump for your post!
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I have no idea what that is but here's a bump for you to get some information! Good luck!
mymanben
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM
My sons friend had it. He was 6. Basically the back of the brain slides down into the spinal column. She will probably need brain surgery to fix it. Sadly, we didn't know my sons friend had it and it ended tragically. But people live with it and live full lives.
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Thank you

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea: I've never heard of it. Here's a bump for your post!

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:48 AM

It's where the back of the brain slips down into the spinal column.  = (  

Thank you.

Quoting MommyLehr: I have no idea what that is but here's a bump for you to get some information! Good luck!

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:48 AM

BUMP!

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:50 AM

That is horrible.  I am so sorry!  I read that most people don't get diagnosed until in their teens or even as an adult.  

Quoting mymanben: My sons friend had it. He was 6. Basically the back of the brain slides down into the spinal column. She will probably need brain surgery to fix it. Sadly, we didn't know my sons friend had it and it ended tragically. But people live with it and live full lives.

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You really are pretty awesome, ya know?  = )

Quoting cjsix:

BUMP!

isaiahsmom321
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM
I don't have any info but it sounds like you know she has it so you might be able to have surgery and fix it. How old is she?
pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I only know about it because my best friends son has it. They didn't find out about it until he started having seizures at night and had an MRI. Hope you are able to find out more information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN