Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I miss my kids and right now I feel like a horrible mom :(

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:34 AM
  • 10 Replies
My sister took my 2 oldest to VA with her almost two weeks ago. The plan was she was going to keep them until she came back down here for her wedding at the end of July very beginning of August.

Well I just got woken up by my sister franticly calling me because my DD who is 5 woke up screaming bloody murder and wanted mommy :(

She keeps saying her knees hurt, my sister and soon to be BIL can't find anything wrong with her. Her knees aren't swollen, no scratches, no but bites, nothing.

They said that they were watching a movie before bed and she was laughing and then started crying about her knees. I talked to her, my DH talked to her and my mom even talked to her. She seemed perfectly fine after talking to us.

Well now its 1:30am and she wants to come home and she wants mommy and there is nothing I can do to make her feel better. We can't go get her until the beginning of the week after we get paid.

I feel like a POS parent foe letting them go that long. I told my sister that it would be better to take one kid for a week and a half and then swap but she didn't want to do that. I feel like I should have known better :( ugh. Now I think I'm going to try to lay back down and cry because I can't help my baby feel better
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Bump
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Awwwwwww...

She'll be fine.

And I'm sure her knees are fine. She just misses you.

Getting away from Mommy is good for both of you.

donnag013
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Sounds like growing pains if it's in her knees. My daughter got them too. Not much helps them. Try not to feel guilty. Kids need time to grow, and this is a great deal for her. Yes, she wants mommy now, but you will see her soon. You ARE NOT a bad mommy.

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Thanks :( I still wish there was something I could do to make her feel better. She loves my sister to death and usually I am completely ignored when she is around but apparently she is cutting it right now

Quoting KendallsMommee: Awwwwwww...

She'll be fine.

And I'm sure her knees are fine. She just misses you.

Getting away from Mommy is good for both of you.

zeezoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I remember you posting when they first left. That's a long time to be without Mommy. The longest DD was ever away from me was 2 weeks, and honestly it will be a LONG time before she is ever gone from me that long again. Only a couple more days, Mama. Do your best to keep busy this weekend. Can you Skype with her or do you think it would make it worse?

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM

She could have growing pains. My brother used to get very painful growing pains in his joints. Tell your sister to give her some Ibuprofen even if she was feeling better after talking to you. 

And she misses you, which is completely normal. :)

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:48 AM
That's probably what it is. Well that and being overly tired. My sister said they have been eating like teenagers and constantly say they are starving

Quoting donnag013:

Sounds like growing pains if it's in her knees. My daughter got them too. Not much helps them. Try not to feel guilty. Kids need time to grow, and this is a great deal for her. Yes, she wants mommy now, but you will see her soon. You ARE NOT a bad mommy.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:50 AM

She will be fine and may forget about wanting to come home by the morning

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Sounds like growing pains :-(

My 5 yr old is getting them lately too :-(

Warm bath and some Motrin make it better.. They're bad at night because lack of activity..

Poor baby! Hugs momma!
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM
That would probably make it worse :( I agree that its really long and isn't going to happen for a llloooonnngggg time. The only reason we agreed to so long now is because BIL is in the navy and is getting transferred to Italy and my sister us going with him, so my kids won't get to see her for almost 3 years

Quoting zeezoo:

I remember you posting when they first left. That's a long time to be without Mommy. The longest DD was ever away from me was 2 weeks, and honestly it will be a LONG time before she is ever gone from me that long again. Only a couple more days, Mama. Do your best to keep busy this weekend. Can you Skype with her or do you think it would make it worse?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN