Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O "if you marry him, you will go crazy"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I have actually lived through the ex doing bullshit like that.  I posted about it in one of the stepparenting groups a few years ago  when BM was finally caught so I am wondering if someone dug through some very old posts and decided to troll with it.  It was posted under my old screen name (that was banned and blocked) and I have been denied access under my new name.     

I truly thought I was losing my mind.  I would lay something out for supper to thaw and come home to find it back in the freezer or something else laid out.  I would put the dogs in their crates for the day and come home to find them running amok through the house.  Little things like knowing I had two cans of green beans and only being able to find one.  My makeup case being moved from the bathroom to laying in the middle of my bed.  My books out of order on my book case (upside down, in backwards, hard cover in with paperbacks.)  Shampoo and body wash bottles left sitting upside down in the shower, open and leaking out.  Occasionally it would be a bigger thing like the clothing I had left soaking in the washer were in the dryer and it was running, the oven being on, or the crock pot turned up on high and supper ruined.      

DH and I were both worried about my health.  Alzheimer's disease runs in my family.  I had already had one brain tumor when I was a child.  I saw countless doctors over the course of 2 years about my memory.  It was starting to affect my work because I was so stressed about what was going on at home.  They found nothing but kept monitoring me.    

We changed the locks, just in case.  A few months went by, nothing happened, then it started again.  I started writing down what I had in the pantry and would write down when I would remove it.  I would write down what time I had taken something out of the freezer and what it was.  My oldest started checking after me on the dogs being in their crates.  DH started looking for the little things, checking the oven or the crockpot.    

We realized that this shit really was happening.  We knew someone was coming in the house during the day.  We immediately suspected my ex or BM.  We truly thought that it was my ex because he was the one still bitter and constantly trying to talk me into leaving DH to "come home where I belonged."  BM was the one that was "so happy he had found someone that truly loved him like she never could."  

Without telling the kids, DH took a day off work to set up motion detector camera's pointed at the front door and the back door.  They were small and looked just like part of the light unless you looked again and then could see there was an extra box.  We had one in the kitchen that caught the whole room and one in the living room that captured the whole room and if someone walked down the hallway to the bedrooms/bathrooms.    

Imagine our surprise to check after 2 weeks (the next time something happened) and it was BM coming in the back door, putting our supper back in the freezer, getting something out of the pantry,  then moving on into the living room, tossing a few things around (throw pillows and blankets), letting the dogs out of their crates and giving them a treat, then on down the hall towards the bedrooms.

We took them to our lawyer, who contacted the police and the prosecutor.  BM pled guilty to a lesser charge of criminal trespass, a year probation, and a RO against being within 500 ft of our property, any contact with me, email communication only with DH, and 3rd party exchanges for the stepkid.  BM had to find someone willing to meet DH on Sundays to get the kid since they could just ride the bus home from school to our house.  If BM was unable to find someone to take her place, then DH could keep the kid Sunday night and they could ride the bus home to her house after school.    

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitty75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM

wow, what a nut

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM

bump

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM

That is called "gaslighting" and it is childish and cruel. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Quoting mitty75:

wow, what a nut

It was rather shocking to find out it was her.  I fully expected it to my ex because he had already done things like bust DH's windshield out with our child in the car, slash my tires, and quite often was heard how he wanted to beat DH's ass for "fucking his woman" when DH knew he [ex] wasn't done with me.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:48 AM
She must be certifiable.
.sugar.kisses.
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Creepy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM
That's some messed up shit!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Quoting laranadtony:

That is called "gaslighting" and it is childish and cruel. 

I have never heard of that and had to look it up.  It exactly describes what was happening to me.  She was doing things and DH (unintentionally) was telling me I was losing my mind because he wasn't seeing it since I was home before him and he never paid attention to what I laid out for supper or what was in the pantry.  He left before me so I had no proof about the dogs.  

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Well your story is more believable and interesting. If this is true, that's creepy as hell!
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Can someone point me to the other post? I would like to warn the other poster that what she is doing is more illegal than she thinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN