Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Metformin?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So I've done 2 rounds of clomid so far. I have PCOS and now my ob has prescribed me metformin with 150 of clomid. Any of you get pregnant on this combo? How long did it take? Hoping to finally get my bfp soon. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
georgiana5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:20 AM

I am on metformin for my diabetes, type2, insulin dependent. I take 2 at breakfast and dinner and 1 at lunch. and I take novamix 30 morning and night.

I am confused...  do you have diabetes?

Good luck with TTC

LClark1973
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Metformin is also used to treat PCOS. 

Quoting georgiana5:

I am on metformin for my diabetes, type2, insulin dependent. I take 2 at breakfast and dinner and 1 at lunch. and I take novamix 30 morning and night.

Good luck with TTC

elzmnsf
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:57 AM

When I was ttc, which was forever ago lol as that child is now 8, they tried metformin before even considering Clomid. So what I am saying is I am no help. But good luck!

booaura
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:59 AM
PCOS can cause insulin resistance, and metformin treats that. Diabetes isn't the only time it's used.

OP, I don't have PCOS, but my older brother's wife does. I don't remember how many cycles they did before she finally started metformin, but between that, clomid, and an injection (progesterone, maybe? I don't remember) she got pregnant first cycle each time they used that combo.

Quoting georgiana5:

Good luck with TTC

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:08 AM

My OB has me on metformin to try and regulate my issues before trying to add clomid. One thing I know helps with PCOS is weight loss. Even as little as 5-10 pounds will make changes in your body that help with fertility. My goal is to lose 30 before we revisit the idea of fertility meds simply because of the risk of multiples. They run on both sides of the family (mine and DH) and I don't want to risk twins right now. Without fertility meds, the OB said my chance of concieving was less than 5%

georgiana5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting georgiana5:

Good luck with TTC

ah, didn't know that! was confused,

LClark1973
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I had no clue ethier. I looked it up. 

Quoting georgiana5:

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting georgiana5:

Good luck with TTC

ah, didn't know that! was confused,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN