Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the F**k do you do?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

I am a 27 yr old mother of 3 with a dh who works overnights. I work part time between 25-30 hrs a week, here is what I do 5 out 7 days a week:

*vacuum,  i do this everyday because i have a baby that crawls so irs neccessary.

*laundry, whether its mine and dh or the kids, there is always one load

*mop the floors around our area rugs, which is total about 4 rooms of floors.

*sweeping before the moppings, sweeping is also done daily.

*cooking 2 meals a day, whether it's breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner or breakfast and dinner depending on what shift I work and how many hours that day.

*Doing all the dishes, sometimes twice a day

*bathing 3 kids at the end if the night and putting them to bed, this is obviously everyday.

*eat a snack for myself after the kids are asleep and then a shower and off to bed for me.

I do this stuff so that on my 1 or 2 days off that I get I can spend it with my kids and not doing these things and having them feel that mommy doesn't spend time with them when she's not working. While I am doing my other things during the day, they are all really well behaved and play nicely with eachother.

What do you other moms do every day? 

This isn't a bragging post, I just want to see what other moms are doing with their time.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmeow
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have an itemized, day by day list. I cook every day, and clean what needs to be cleaned, do laundry when we need laundry, and walk the dog when she needs walked. Basically, if I see something needs to be done, I do it.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Hang out on cafe mom, eat, load of laundry, some paying work, eat, play with kids, take dog for walk, maybe make dinner for everyone, eat again.

I could use some improvement.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I work 30 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and the rest of the week I attend college, either on campus or online. I clean when I feel like it, and I make sure my kids and I go to the beach at least once a week

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I do everything a SAHM is supposed to do with the addition of running errands for my grandmother and taking care of my 6 yo cousin on weekdays from 9-5 as well as my 2 month old son and my own 6 yo DD.

I clean what is dirty, so there's not really a set schedule for that. I do sweep and vacuum nearly every day though.

beco8627
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I babysit 5 kids, along with my 2 boys. I get up, do breakfast, clean, take the kids out and about, make lunch, more cleaning, playing/crafts/educating, snacks, more cleaning and or laundry, make dinner, then clean up after dinner, bedtime routine with my boys, straighten up the living room, then finally turn on Netflix and plop on the couch before I pass out after only about 30 min
shaybb84
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I clean when something needs to be cleaned and once a week a drop my clothes off at a laundry service to be picked up same day or next day. I cook and take care of son. I don't have anything set in stone as far as cleaning...my sons toys are all over the living room all the time. Looks like a tornado of toys ran through all the time but he plays all day and I just leave them to play with every day.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I don't make lists of what I've done. I do what I want, when I want.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I have a very specific schedule. Monday through Friday I have a day for everything and a list of daily things to do.
Saturday and Sunday I spend at my aunts house taking care of my grandmother and hanging out on here, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Wake up, eat, pump, yoga, jogging, breakfast for everyone, dishes, then we get dressed and ready for the day. Then I make snacks and lunches depending on if we're going out or not. Then evening comes around and I make dinner and do showers and bedtime. Right now the kids are all playing and I'm making snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Whatever I feel like or have time for. My kids are grown & I'm self employed so life is pretty laid back & easy around here these days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)