Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the F**k do you do?!?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am a 27 yr old mother of 3 with a dh who works overnights. I work part time between 25-30 hrs a week, here is what I do 5 out 7 days a week:

*vacuum,  i do this everyday because i have a baby that crawls so irs neccessary.

*laundry, whether its mine and dh or the kids, there is always one load

*mop the floors around our area rugs, which is total about 4 rooms of floors.

*sweeping before the moppings, sweeping is also done daily.

*cooking 2 meals a day, whether it's breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner or breakfast and dinner depending on what shift I work and how many hours that day.

*Doing all the dishes, sometimes twice a day

*bathing 3 kids at the end if the night and putting them to bed, this is obviously everyday.

*eat a snack for myself after the kids are asleep and then a shower and off to bed for me.

I do this stuff so that on my 1 or 2 days off that I get I can spend it with my kids and not doing these things and having them feel that mommy doesn't spend time with them when she's not working. While I am doing my other things during the day, they are all really well behaved and play nicely with eachother.

What do you other moms do every day? 

This isn't a bragging post, I just want to see what other moms are doing with their time.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Replies (61-66):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Or run through the sprinklers or play outside in the rain.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't have to bathe them if they go to the pool!

Quoting Anonymous: I spend all day on cafemom. My house looks like a set for a Hoarders show. To skip the dishwashing we eat take out on paper plates. And my kids haven't bathed all summer and they run the neighborhood like uncivilized heathens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

No, i know what ocd is, I'm not a person who NEEDS to continuously do things, I do them for my own reasons. And I'm not sitting here defending how I live my life just because You don't agree with it. Bye Now.

Quoting thetrollcat:

so according to you OCD is someone that bitches and goes crazy? LOL

Boy you need to google OCD.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not ocd, it's not like if i skip something I bitch out and go crazy. I do What I think should be done daily before it piles up and I have to spend a WHOLE day cleaning instead of 1 or 2 hours a day doing it and having more time with my kids since everything is kept up.  We still have time to do all our family vacations and trips. Just because u live ur life different doesn't mean the way I live mine is a disorder.  There no reason to start talking shit for no reason, that's what life is to short for.

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL whatever you say its called being OCD and its a life I choose not to live because life is simply too short/ Meanwhile instead of being OCD Im enjoying life with my kids, camping, swimming, activites, games, movies, bed time reading weekly plus I work. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok that was your choice,  having a fresh cleaned house everyday and knowing the work isn't getting behind or building up is mine. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

seriously, my kids were crawlers at one time too. I didnt mop and vaccum everyday and i had two siberian huskies. None of my kids died from lack of daily obsessive mopping and vaccuming

Quoting Anonymous:

I sweep daily because I have a little 1 who crawls around on the floot, mopping isn't done daily but usually 3 times a week

Quoting thetrollcat:

girl i live in a brand new house and Im not that OCD... The floors do not need to be mopped/swept every single day unless your a slob

AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I sit on my deck and drink fruit water. I go for bike rides. In a few minutes I'm going to the park and then to Panera for dinner. lol

ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

clean. watch kids. errands. my oldest has school and dance.

what do i do in a day varies. every day is very different from the next. but the general is clean and kids.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:50 AM

LOL I love how you are in denial

Quoting Anonymous:

No, i know what ocd is, I'm not a person who NEEDS to continuously do things, I do them for my own reasons. And I'm not sitting here defending how I live my life just because You don't agree with it. Bye Now.

Quoting thetrollcat:

so according to you OCD is someone that bitches and goes crazy? LOL

Boy you need to google OCD.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not ocd, it's not like if i skip something I bitch out and go crazy. I do What I think should be done daily before it piles up and I have to spend a WHOLE day cleaning instead of 1 or 2 hours a day doing it and having more time with my kids since everything is kept up.  We still have time to do all our family vacations and trips. Just because u live ur life different doesn't mean the way I live mine is a disorder.  There no reason to start talking shit for no reason, that's what life is to short for.

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL whatever you say its called being OCD and its a life I choose not to live because life is simply too short/ Meanwhile instead of being OCD Im enjoying life with my kids, camping, swimming, activites, games, movies, bed time reading weekly plus I work. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok that was your choice,  having a fresh cleaned house everyday and knowing the work isn't getting behind or building up is mine. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

seriously, my kids were crawlers at one time too. I didnt mop and vaccum everyday and i had two siberian huskies. None of my kids died from lack of daily obsessive mopping and vaccuming

Quoting Anonymous:

I sweep daily because I have a little 1 who crawls around on the floot, mopping isn't done daily but usually 3 times a week

Quoting thetrollcat:

girl i live in a brand new house and Im not that OCD... The floors do not need to be mopped/swept every single day unless your a slob

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I don't have an itemized list.  I clean when it needs to be done, same with laundry.  DH and I both cook depending on what's going on and what we're having.  I chauffeur the kids to/from activities.  During the summer we do day trips during the week when its less busy; during the school year, we do them on the weekend since I teach during the week then and the kids are in school.    I sometimes make a list for the day to keep organized with what I want to get done but in terms of following one every day - that isn't me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)