Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your kid doesn't have a smartphone

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think you are cheap and irresponsible. There are so many benifits to a smart phone, you can put parentel controls on it, put on a gps locator, and an app to control who can be called, or call the phone! There are apps that help with homework. Why not get them one.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Replies (541-543):
ICPclwnLOV
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Lmao! I'm raising my kids to be whatever the fuck they want to be as long as they do not choose to be judgmental asshats such as yourself.  I have my own smartphone. Because I'm an adult and I paid for it myself. With the money from my job. Which I *gasp* went to college for. To become EDUCATED in my field.

Quoting Anonymous: Hehe I can't take you seriously. You're raising your kids to be little juggalos. No wonder they have no smart phone. Their mother is too uneducated to afford one!
Quoting ICPclwnLOV:

I'd rather not raise spoiled little shits. If they have homework, they can use the family computer or go across the street to the library. They can get smart phones when they are old enough to pay for the phones, themselves.

U.Wish.bish
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM
My kid has a smartphone, but he doesn't use it for learning purposes and if you think that, you're naive.
leximann
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
No I didn't (hangs head) I should have known lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Smdh did you not see the sarcasm.

Quoting leximann:

Wow can't believe you actually said that.  No you don't let an electronic do your job.  It is your job as a parent and a smart phone is not going to replace what a parent can do.  My son is 7 as well as he willo not be getting a phone until he is responsible enough to take care of it.  Try when he is 16 and has a part-time job to help take care of the bill.

Quoting Anonymous: You can just let a smart phone do you job.
Quoting WillsMOM72: I disagree. My 7 year old doesn't need one until he's driving. I help him with his homework.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)