Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told my so, before sex, what my stand was....did you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies

Before my SO and I ever had sex, I told him that if we ever got pregnant there was no option.  I would be having the baby...end of story.  He's the only man I've ever been with, and I made sure he knew what my thoughts and feelings were on the subject before anything happened.  He agreed and we had been together for almost nine years when, while on the pill, I got pregnant.  We have a beautful four year old now, and a ten month old.  I'm on birth control again and he's talking about a vasectomy as we don't really want nor can we afford another.  But if it happened, (unlikely with the mirena) then that's that, we would have three children.  How many women had the discussion, before sex, whether or not you would abort an unplanned pregnancy?

ps. I'm not judging any other women's choices, i dont agree with abortion and never will but that's for my life, and my body.  other womens choices are not my business, I'm just curious about whether I'm in the minority about talking about it before sex.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Not us. We did it and discussed that afterwards. Lol
We were safe though.
zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM
He knew my stance on abortion before we dated. We were friends and I told him pretty much everything about me.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM
2 out of the three kids dh and his ex wife had were unplanned. He calls my youngest SS the "best mistake I ever did" lol. So I knew his opinion on the subject.
We don't have an easy time getting a baby though so if one happen unplanned it would be an even bigger surprise and even more welcomed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM

We had the same discussion and I told him that I would abort, no discussion.

I got pregnant (after a failed vasectomy, btw) and that's exactly what happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM

lol. we were safe too, it took me FOREVER of being on the pill before i would let him go without a condom.  :)

Quoting twinmommy27: Not us. We did it and discussed that afterwards. Lol We were safe though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't have an abortion if it was simply an unplanned pregnancy. My dh knows this. I, like you, try not to judge when other people do. Though I may not agree with them it is their choice that they have to live with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:20 AM

that's funny...and great that you would welcome a little one.  I joke that we could just share the same soap and i'd be pregnant.  lol

Quoting MIA0223: 2 out of the three kids dh and his ex wife had were unplanned. He calls my youngest SS the "best mistake I ever did" lol. So I knew his opinion on the subject. We don't have an easy time getting a baby though so if one happen unplanned it would be an even bigger surprise and even more welcomed!

Littlebunnyfufu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I had the discussion with every partner I have had.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:20 AM
A week or two after dating.
NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I've talked about all kinds of things with my so before we even dated. It's called getting to know each other. Of course we talked about controversial things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)