Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told my so, before sex, what my stand was....did you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Before my SO and I ever had sex, I told him that if we ever got pregnant there was no option.  I would be having the baby...end of story.  He's the only man I've ever been with, and I made sure he knew what my thoughts and feelings were on the subject before anything happened.  He agreed and we had been together for almost nine years when, while on the pill, I got pregnant.  We have a beautful four year old now, and a ten month old.  I'm on birth control again and he's talking about a vasectomy as we don't really want nor can we afford another.  But if it happened, (unlikely with the mirena) then that's that, we would have three children.  How many women had the discussion, before sex, whether or not you would abort an unplanned pregnancy?

ps. I'm not judging any other women's choices, i dont agree with abortion and never will but that's for my life, and my body.  other womens choices are not my business, I'm just curious about whether I'm in the minority about talking about it before sex.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Replies (111-117):
grey7399
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I did too.  I told him, if I got knocked up, I was having an abortion.  End of story.

DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:12 AM
We talked, yeah. I told him outright that I wanted a husband and two kids. He said "whatever makes you happy. But three is too many." I agreed. Lol
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:15 AM
It's never really.come up. This is my first real relationship and we aren't anywhere near discussing sex yet. The only thing we have discussed is that I am uncomfortable with any kids of sexual acts and he said that he wouldn't try anything until I was comfortable. He already knows that I am against abortion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Me and my ex oooo we talked about it just when to came down to it he decided to change his mind ....I had an abortion years ago my then boyfriend wanted me to keep it would of been a huge mistake.. but my son was the miracle baby so I figured it was ment to be
diesel_darling
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Dh and I discussed everything before we got married.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM

I've always had that discussion before having sex. The discussion went "If I get pg on accident I will be having an abortion" and they agreed.

**I have only been pg twice, both pregnancies were planned and wanted. DH had a vasectomy but if something were to happen the above still stands.

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I've always been pretty strong on not getting into relationships with people who believe against my personal morals, so I never dated a pro-lifer. No matter how much I like the guy, no matter how lovely he is,being against a woman's reproductive rights is a big dealbreaker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)