Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They brought me the wrong kid! HELP

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

yesterday was my sons second day of playschool. He has been doing great, and having so much fun, well, when I went to pick him up yesterday, I went to the counter and said "I need L please." The lady spoke into her walky talky that we needed L out here, and they sent "L" out... It was a another kid who shared my sons name, and he was a completely different race than me, and the lady who sent him to me was the lady who checked in my son in the first place!  WTF!!!?? I told them, this isn't my son, and they acted like it was no big deal, and sent the kid back, then finally got my kid to me. Now I am afraid this will happen to MY SON and some one will just pick him up! what can I do to keep this mix up from happening again? I was thinking about wearing matching bracellettes or changing his alias from just his name, to his name and middle name. Thoughts? has this ever happened to you? I don't want some one taking off with my kid!!!

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
4 moms liked this

You're overreacting.

It was the second day.  And I assume that any other parent would tell someone that it's not their child and not just take off with yours.  Not to mention the fact that the kid knows who their parents are.

mich2.0
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Calm down, blackhawk. Have a talk with them if you feel the need but if the person who sent him out in the first place isn't someone who could see your face, it's an easy mix up. Use his first and last name. No need for aliases. lol

FictionFan
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Just use your last name. I don't think the other parents would take off with your kid and leave theirs behind anyway.
blinx
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Thanks, I just get nervous. 

Quoting mich2.0:

Calm down, blackhawk. Have a talk with them if you feel the need but if the person who sent him out in the first place isn't someone who could see your face, it's an easy mix up. Use his first and last name. No need for aliases. lol

housecoatloonie
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Seriously, chill.

LOTS of kids.

It's the beginning of a new year and it's really darn hard to keep all those faces and names straight.

And who cares if the kiddo was a different race?

Blended families, adopted kiddos, etc are very, very normal today.

Take your vicoden and get a cold compress: The school years are about to get weird.......

Thunderbug75
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Find a different play school.

blinx
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM

The thing is, this was the best in our area

Quoting Thunderbug75:

Find a different play school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM
My sister and I went to school with sisters who had our 1st and last names. It wasn't a big deal. When we happened to have the same classes our teachers would use our middle names.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Quoting Texor:

You're overreacting.

It was the second day.  And I assume that any other parent would tell someone that it's not their child and not just take off with yours.  Not to mention the fact that the kid knows who their parents are.

MyHeartDA
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM

iT WAS AN INNOCENT MISTAKE, I WOULD'NT WORRY ABOUT IT NOONE IS GOIN TAKE A CHILD HOME THAT'S NOT THEIRS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN