Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scared that my son has "micro penis"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

A while back, I had posted about my sons small penis and testicles. I mentioned that we had talked to his pediatrician and had also taken him to another doctor, but they both said to wait till puberty. He is 9 years old right now.  I had several here tell me to stop being paranoid because I was going to make him insecure. It's been almost a year since we mentioned it to the doctor, and I swore I wouldn't bring it up at the doctor's again. (I have only mentioned this problem in front of my son 3 times and all 3 of these times were at the doctor. And I was discreet as possible.) 

Now I've seen at least 2 posts on CM about a micro penis. I pulled up pics, and now I'm getting paranoid again. I'm wondering if this condition is so rare that maybe the doctor hasn't heard of it or something? What should I do? I hate to drag him back to the doctor and embarras him or make him insecure. And even if he does have this problem, is there anything they can do? Help!!! What should I do? I'm so torn!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Queenme101
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to stop obsessing over your kids penis. Freak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:59 PM

How about just leave it alone, and let nature take it's course. Your son is only 9 for goodness sake. smh

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Uh, I would stop obsessing over my son's penis. Why do you even see it? At 9, he probably doesn't want you looking at him naked.
NorCalMom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Probably not much they can do. I'd wait till his next check up/appointment and discretely mention it.
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I would wait until puberty and then maybe talk to him. Ask him if he has any concerns and if he'd want to see a dr about it. (Or maybe have your dh ask him to lessen the embarrassment). Until then, I really wouldn't worry about it. If, at that time, he wants something done about it, he can let you know.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM

He's nine.  Relax weirdo.

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Why on you obsessing over something you have zero control? Leave it alone. It's his body. Stop intruding on it and calling attention to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I haven't seen all the micro penis posts but in the one I did see it seemed like he was living a normal life with a wife and family. It may not be an ideal situation but there are plenty of others worse off.

I would try to focus on your sons positive attributes instead.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Stop dwelling on the size of your kid's penis, it's weird and just plain pervy.
corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Why exactly are you all wigged out about this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)