Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Children left in the car taken to whole nother level

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
11 moms liked this
First off let me say this post isn't to minimize the horrible effects of children left in hot cars. It is dangerous, neglectful, and could be deadly.

That being said people are taking it to a whole nother level. My children and I left on a road trip this morning to go visit family. They are 14 and 10 years old. We had to stop and get gas and they were busy playing on their tablets so I left them in the car to grab some drinks and pay for our fuel. I had the keys with me however all the windows were down and the sunroof open in addition to being in the shade. It took me a little longer than expected getting my drinks due to a lot of customers and only one clerk working register. Temps were in the low 90s at this time.

I came out from the store only to be confronted by this CRAZY lady going off on how dangerous it is to leave kids unattended in a vehicle and how she called the police and I'm lucky the windows were down otherwise she would have smashed them out. Holy moly lady. They are more than old enough to get out of the car and come find me in the store if they needed me plus I could see them from the window the whole time. Its not like I left a baby or toddler sitting in the sun with the windows up.

I finish pumping my gas and get in my car to leave at which point an officer pulls up behind me and lights me up. I pull over and step out of the vehicle as per the officers instructions. I explain to her what happened and she apologized for the inconvenience and sent me on my way.

Way to take it to the next level crazy gas station vigilante. Smdh. I thought craziness of this level only existed on the internet. 😕
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Wow thats crazy
R00k
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM
3 moms liked this
The problem with this level of stupid existing on the internet is that people read it and expect things to be that way IRL

This is why I will never understand why a bunch of you ladies always say it's just bullshit on the internet. You do not understand the power of the written word.
crazymommy30
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry you got attacked by a crazy do-gooder. I hate those fucking people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I know lol in a little over a year my oldest will be driving. The craziness was almost too much to handle on an early Saturday morning.

Quoting bby4lydia: Wow thats crazy
jackiexcore
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
That would piss me off.
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
People are nutty.
ER-momma
by LintLicker on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
10 moms liked this
Smh I have an issue when it's helpless kids left in a car. Your kids are not helpless. They can open the door and exit the car if they wanted. People are going to the extreme with this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
People are so crazy nowadays. As a teenager I often stayed in the car reading while my mom got gas or ran in to Walmart for a couple of items. My brothers and sister did the same thing. The only time we weren't given the option of staying in the car was if we were going grocery shopping. Then we were given the choice of staying home and fixing our own dinner or going with and getting to eat out at McDonald's or Arbys.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I have never.personally encountered someone with that level of stupidity. Sure I've seen crazy people and I've seen stupid people but wow. My kids were just like holy crap mom next time we will lock up Tue car and go in with you! My poor son thought I was going to go to jail.

Quoting R00k: The problem with this level of stupid existing on the internet is that people read it and expect things to be that way IRL

This is why I will never understand why a bunch of you ladies always say it's just bullshit on the internet. You do not understand the power of the written word.
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here you go...this is for you to use on any other crazy idiots like her...and this is something I would've said or at least thougt of that crazy twit. ....lol Plus it seems fitting for this situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)