Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marital rape/sending your husband to jail...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 580 Replies
Do you believe in it?

I heard of a case here through a friend yesterday. A lady she knows is married to a guy who is well known in the community, by all accounts a good dad. He went out for his younger brother's birthday and came home drunk. He shook her awake to have sex when he got home and she said no, rolled over to go back to sleep. He got into bed waited til he thought she was asleep and had sex with her. She tried to push him off and said stop, he grabbed her wrist. When he was done, she called the police on him. He was arrested, and her bruised wrist/rape kit will be used against him.

She kicked him out, the kids all know their dad was arrested (and will now know one day what for...), he's going to lose his job and it's a huge mess.

Idk, he's a huge jerk for what he did, but part of me thinks this is a huge overreaction and will bite her in the butt for hurting her kids. I never say no to my husband and I wouldn't care if he had sex with me while I slept, so this doesn't seem like rape to me, and I have a hard time imagining how a husband can rape.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spam72
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM
4 moms liked this
Maybe it was just the final straw.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM
31 moms liked this
That you have problems.
Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like it could have been handled a little better IF that is the only time something like that has happened.

I say this because he was drunk.
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM
24 moms liked this

Yes, marital rape happens every day, and what the man in question did was rape his wife.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM
13 moms liked this
I think that unless it happened to me, I can't really judge.
No means no. What other people perceive as his character and what actually happens behind closed doors can be so completely opposite.
Marital rape is absolutely real.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM
18 moms liked this
What you described is rape, whether he's her husband, her boyfriend, her friend or a stranger. She said stop, he didn't, he raped her, and he deserves every consequence he gets because of it.

Of course marital rape exists. You just described a case of it.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's rape & good for her for filing charges. I probably would have just left but everyone has to do what's right for themselves.
IDGAF-
by Cvnt-Like on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM
3 moms liked this

He definitely raped her and I can't say how someone else should react to being raped.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM
6 moms liked this
Marital rape is real. Just because they are married doesn't mean he has a right to ignore when she said no and stop! She had every right to call the cops on him.
GenericNameHere
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes i believe in it. It has almost happened to me many times. I think that you might feel differently about it if you were in that situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN